“Classic Sunday Lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Classic Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

There are a number of restaurants and pubs close to home all very much similar in price so difficult to know where to go. We had heard positive reports about the Bull Inn and TripAdvisor reviews sealed the deal. We visited for Sunday lunch as a family of four. The welcome couldn't have been more friendly and we were shown to our table without any fuss. 3 of us had the roast on offer my son and I had beef my wife opted for lamb. The best compliment i can give was that it was as good as my wife cooks!! No need for a starter, decent amount of veg and plenty of beef, 2 large roast potatoes were so tasty I could have tackled a 3rd. Had sticky toffee pudding which was sublime and the rest of the family all enjoyed their deserts.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 415Peter1956

“A long way to come but it was worth it!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We are visiting the Reading area while on holiday from New Zealand. We were warmly welcomed! Our meal at The BullInn was wonderful! The food was delicious. The service was of a very high quality. Would definitely recommend this pub to others. It is great as New Zealanders to experience great pub grub!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank MezzyMay
Brisbane, Australia
“A lovely surprise”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Despite growing up not far from Arborfield, I had never been to The Bull before. On a recent trip back to England we went to The Bull for lunch before heading back to Australia. The staff did a great job at fitting 9 of us in at the last minute. The food was very tasty and the staff very friendly. I will go back on my next visit to England

1 Thank NDR28
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Give them the benefit of the doubt?”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Highly recommended by our friends, we took them here one Thursday night. The restaurant was clearly very popular. The staff were friendly and attentive but we were very disappointed. We both had whitebait, which was good and came with a clearly fresh salad. It was the mains that proved the problem. A Steak and Ale pie which was excessively salty with those thin French fries also coated in Salt. The other main of fish pie looked appetising but telling what fish were in it defied discrimination other than by colour). Our friends seemed very happy with their sea bass and Red Thai curry. Maybe we were just unlucky but we won’t be rushing back. If it weren't for the rave reviews from else where I would score it lower than I have.

2 Thank Crassus25
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Visited today for Mum's 80th birthday. Staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. Food was outstanding. Would recommend this to all my family and friends. A big thankyou!!

1 Thank KatieRoyal