“What a great place to go”
Review of Quattro

Quattro
Ranked #10 of 654 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Quattro Italian restaurant in Caversham offers an excellent range of traditional Italian food. Dishes include freshly made pasta, pizza, meat, fish specialities, and a large vegetarian selection.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Quattro in Caversham is a really great place to go - either as an individual or in a group. The service, food, atmosphere and staff are all great.
They make you feel really special and listen to everything you say when you are ordering.

There are always lots of people enjoying a meal but you never feel that it is too crowded or that you are being ignored.- the service is superb.

The dishes are many and varied and all always come up to expectations- indeed most of the tome exceed them

1  Thank Pauline P

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I feel like I could prepare a lot of this food in my kitchen at home which is never really the sign of a very good restaurant for me. Having said that, what they did, they did well so in that repsect I can't grumble too much. It all just felt a bit average and I think I expect more when I eat out.

1  Thank Mrcritical123
QuattroRestaurant, Manager at Quattro, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thanks for your review – being in the restaurant business for many years, we take your comments and feedback very seriously. I am one of two brothers that run Quattro and wanted to come back to you with a response to your review.We do appreciate your opinion about our restaurant, but we are not''pizza and pasta only ''We do have a big choice of meat and fish dishes on our menu.Daily specials are available to.

We would love to have you back for another visit…

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Exellent food and great atmosphere. The staff are very friendly. A bit too expensive to go very regularly but as a treat - wonderful!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have been to Quattro many times, both for a romantic meal for two and more recently for a family meal out. We have always felt welcome - even with a large pram and young baby. With a pram we prefer to sit at the back as there is more space and some privacy there, but it was clear we were welcome anywhere in the restaurant. The staff are highly attentive and the food is delicious and reasonably priced. We often recommend this restaurant to our friends.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Mr B and I have been meaning to try Quattro for a while and we had heard good things. I would like to say it lived up to expectations, but not entirely. The service was very friendly - a little over priced for some items.
We had the mussels (starter on the menu, but had it as a main) and the crespelle ripiene (spinach and ricotta stuffed pancakes) - The pancakes were delicious - cheesy but light - yummy. The mussels - hmmmm - the tomato sauce was good, but IMHO not served in a big enough bowl so the mussels remained in the broth whilst eating and therefore stay warm (the dish cooled down quickly which took the enjoyment away) - the mussels themselves were overcooked and 'chalky tough' and it was rather boring as a dish. I know I have enjoyed big bowls of mussels in the past so I knew it was not the quantity but the quality. The Frascati wine was surprisingly good and the marinated olives pleasant - not too garlicky.
I would like to see more vegan / vegetarian options on the menu other than pizza/ pasta especially as I am not a big cheese / carb fiend but that is just my preference.
Overall we enjoyed ourselves and we will go back, but found it a little pricey.
It seemed busy and buzzy which is a good sign.

1  Thank Natalia B