“Ok hotel, friendly staff.. not a great location”

Central Reading Hotels
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Reading
Central Reading Hotels
Ranked #5 of 17 Reading B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I chose this hotel because it was on the North side of Reading and I needed to get Sonning Common first thing in the morning.

Plus points: Staff were very friendly, the rooms were hygenic, the shower was good (instant heat and nice and powerful), TV with quite a few channels if you're into that, it was very reasonably priced.

Negatives: You have to check in before 9pm, which was a pain for me because it meant I had to check in before going out and the traffic in this area can be REALLY bad. Delayed my evening plans by 2 hours.
The hotel is on a very busy road with limited parking, which (if you can get it) may well require that you leave before 7am if you wish to avoid a ticket.
Rooms are slightly tired.

Over all: If you are a rep looking for an easily accessible no-hassle hotel I would not recommend staying here. On the other hand, if you don't need to drive and are looking for a cheap place to stay for a few days it's not terrible.

The only advise I could offer the owners would be to consider changing the drapes and bedcovers.. they look dated and make the rooms feel a bit tired. Something newer/brighter might give a better impression. The rooms ARE clean, but you might not get that impression when you first walk in.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed here because it was reasonably priced and in a handy location just outside the town centre. On our visit, the hotel was managed by a South African lady who couldn't have been more helpful and accomodating, even remembering my name. We actually wanted to downgrade from a 4-bed to a 3-bed room and, although there were no 3-bed rooms available, she happily refunded the price difference. The hotel was clean and comfortable, although we didn't have a breakfast so can't comment on that. I would not hesitate to book the same hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends