“Excellent value for lunch today”

Cote Brasserie - Reading
Ranked #15 of 640 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Cote offers excellent value for a two course lunch at only £9.95. There is a wide choice and the food quality is always excellent. The restaurant is spacious and comfortable. It doesn't suffer from the loud background noise that is found in so many modern restaurants. The staff are friendly and attentive. We have eaten there a number of times and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was lucky enough to enjoy dinner last night, my first but definately not the last. I had the crab mousse which tasted very fresh and would recommend it. My husband had his first taste of Steak Tartare and I had a taste. He had nothing to compare it too but he said that it was amazing and would have it again. I had the half Breton chicken and my husband had steak. We also went with 2 other family members who had the lamb and the Boeuf bourguigon and they said that both tasted equally great. Our desserts were also very very tasty. The service was attentive but you did not feel that they smothered you or neglected you either. I enjoyed the atmosphere and loved the whole experience and I am looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank Redkaz_12
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Had the benefit of eating in this fantastic restaurant the other week whilst working away in Reading, the service was very attentive but not too much, the food was superb and I had Steak Tartare (yes real steak tartare) the food was served promptly and tasted wondorful and very good value, the restaurant was clean and tidy a real treat will be coming back when I next stay in Reading

1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am not fond of places that charge you more than your plate is worth, their portions are very stingy and you are even charged extra for smoe dishes, and i am a woman who likes to eat!
however, having said that, what we did recieve was delicious, the steak and chips were lovely, the eggs benedict was lovely and their chocolat pot dessert was absolutely gorgeous!!
i was not pleased that there was a service charge as the service we recieved wasn't worth it.
the place, when i went, was absolutely dead, it was very uncomfortable and i dreaded to speak any louder than a whisper!

1  Thank amie c
Reviewed November 18, 2012

A late decision to breakfast out in Reading on Saturday morning saw us try Cote instead of our more regular choices of Bills or Patisserie Valerie. I was not sure about this. I like Cote, have eaten in a few branches but am very (read overly!) fussy about poached eggs. Have to say very pleased with the Eggs Florentine we were served. Eggs had runny yokes whilst the albumen was properly cooked, added Mace ingredient really gave a terrific twist and good quality coffee. Julie had the complete gallette which polled top marks.. The restaurant's position on the Riverside means it may get overlooked for breakfast but this is worth the short stroll. Good food, supplemented by good service.