“Very warm even at this time if year!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Quality Hotel Reading
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Reading
Wales
“Very warm even at this time if year!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Having booked the Quality Inn at Reading I did have few reservations on reading previous reviews, but needn't have worried it was as it said on the tin - next door to the Oracle shopping centre- it was central to all other shops/pubs/eateries that you would need for a marathon shopping session. The hotel was very clean and comfortable - the only downside was that you couldn't control the heating in the room - I spent the 1st night with my feet out of the bedroom window and putting the pillows on the window sill to chill down - the 2nd night we slept with both the windows wide open - no problem there, as there was no access to our side of the hotel. We didn't report it as we didn't want the room to be to cold for the next guests. There is plenty of choice for breakfast, cold meats & cheese, full English and plenty of pastries. The staff were very attentative without being in your face.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the side - 1st floor - no road noise
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StuartReading, General Manager at Quality Hotel Reading, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments they are much appreciated regarding your recent stay at The Quality Hotel Reading.
I will look into the issue of the heating.

Stuart Hall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Nelson, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Booked two single rooms then checked reviews and was filled with trepidation. I needn't have been!
OK, the windows weren't really usable but then again, you can't sensibly use the windows at a Premier Inn (which we usually stay at).
Clean in all the right places and everything worked as it should. Friendly and helpful staff - can't fault the service. Slept reasonably well for a town centre location.
Breakfast was spot on.
Don't be too put off by all the negative reviews.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stuart R
StuartReading, General Manager at Quality Hotel Reading, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Quality Hotel Reading and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Me and my boyfriend randomly decided to stay overnight in Reading. There were a few places to stay and for some reason we picked this one. Room was ok, lights were very dull though. The worst thing was...when I got into bed, it was covered in hair. Bed was uncomfy and the pillows were pointless. Also, there was an alarm going all night which kept me awake. Most certainly not worth £60. Breakfast was ok. Would 100% recommend the George Inn just around the corner

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry that on this occasion you were dissapointed with your recent stay at The Quality Reading. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and will investigate the issues you have raised.

Stuart Hall

Travelers are raving about these Reading hotels

Romford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The only reason this place gets 1 blob is because of the location. The room I stayed in was small and extremely hot even though the heating was not on. Whereas it wasn't dirty, the room was extremely tired and was in desperate need of some tlc. The issues started in the bathroom. The first time I turned on the basin taps, I was greeted with dirty brown water. The last time I saw anything as disgusting as that was when I was in Africa.

Breakfast was ok. Nothing to get excited about at all.

Suffice to say that I reported the issues to Reception. Whether anything is done about the problems... I will leave for future reviewers to ellaborate. Would I stay there again? No.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and i will look into the comments you have made. Please feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss further at stuart@georgehotelreading.com

Stretton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

The location was convenient as I only had to drive down a single road to my meeting in the morning. It is also a stones throw from the Oracle Centre and other commercial hubs, so eating out offers a huge selection for all budgets and taste buds.

The Hotel though is not quality... the room was certainly spacious enough, but it was tired, out dated, dirty in places, the bathroom re-fit comprised of new bath taps and it just felt unsafe.

My room was located on the main road, which by Reading standards is not that busy, but my sleep was interrupted several times during the night but late night party goers and dustcarts at 5 am. All these are perfectly acceptable activities, but I would have thought the hotel may have put in insulation to counter this noise? To top this, the bed was not that pleasant.

The evening meal was had elsewhere and the breakfast was disappointing and located in the family run indian restaurant. Now I love indian food and I could eat in an Indian restaurant every day, but I don't want to smell this eating my cornflakes.

To top the stay off, we ordered a taxi from the reception and another family member turned up 15 minutes after he was supposed to. My mini cab ride which would have cost £5-£8.00 also cost £15.00. This would have been acceptable had the bloke turned up in a Bentley.

Far from impressed and I would not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Away from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Just a warning, if you check in late at night the service will be terrible!! The receptionist was
Incapable, they lost the room key, and tried to tell us we weren't booked I whilst looking at our name on the sheet!!! Not great! 45 minutes to check in is a joke! I strongly suggest a different hotel to stay in to this one!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel as a last resort; after discovering my preferred Hotel choice was fully booked. I was given keys to 2 rooms to decide if I would like to stay.

Room 1 (single): Initially offered for, £99. I looked around room (which had been refurbished) and tried to avoid all the patches of paint on the carpet, which from the strong smell of paint may have been still wet? I was offered this room at the reduced price of, £79 (obviously I declined).

Room 2 (double): Initial offer price, £129 and then reduced to, £109. This room was better than the first, however, the only reason I decided to stay was due to the time of night and no other Hotel rooms being available (had tried 2 other Hotels). Phone did not work, Shower was very poor, mould on ceiling, carpet dirty in places, fan unit used to reduce temp decided to malfunction at, 04:00am, thus I was not amused.

This Hotel is a definite avoid as there is no quality within this Hotel. By looking at previous comments the management has no power to change things as the response to comments left has been basically the same.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business