“Best Indian Restaurant in Britain”
Review of Burghfield Spices

Burghfield Spices
Reserve with OpenTable
Burghfield Spices is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #178 of 640 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "REAL ALE WITH REAL INDIAN FOOD" Burghfield Spices a classic combination of indisputable knowledge, unique experience and traditional values that carry worldwide recognition. The restaurant offers a sophisticated fine dining experience,Take away,Delivery with effortlessly charming staff,discrete service and tantalising food that few can compete with. That is the combination to ensure guests come back for more.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Burghfield Spices is hands down the best Indian/Bengali restaurant you will ever visit. I have eaten countless meals here and every single one has been utterly superb. The meat is always good quality and well cooked whether it be lamb, chicken or duck. The kebab bashi was one of the most delicious things I ever experienced when I was eating meat. Now I am vegetarian the vegetable versions of every type of curry are also superb. The aloo korma I had tonight was one of the most delicious meals I have eaten in memory.
When you order takeaway which I do regularly, the food is always ready quickly and Burghfield Spices is a God send when you are hungry, cant be bothered to cook but feel like a delicious nutritious meal quickly. We are so lucky to have this place nearby. The staff are also the nicest, friendliest and accomodating people you could wish to meet.
I cannot imagine that anyone other than a liar, idiot or owner of a competing restaurant would possibly leave a less than 5 star rating for this excellent restaurant.

1  Thank Reading H

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Went to burghfield spices for our anniversary celebration with family for dinner. It was nice food with good service. Loved the countryside atmosphere.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Amazing food , good value for money , and tasty . Probably one of the best tasting indian meals I've had . Friendly , efficient staff . Clean and tidy . Will be going back next week !They have tribute acts during the week too which we are planning on seeing . This restaurant is a must for any curry lover !

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Good value for money, lovely ambience, helpful attentive staff & any dish requested is no trouble.
Keep up the great work & we will return, thank you,
Lee & Suzy

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We eat here often. It is a pub which is split into a traditional pub and a proper Indian restaurant. Each half has a separate kitchen and cooks. The staff are excellent and so is the food. I cannot comment on the traditional food side of the pub.

Give it a try...they will also cook you something that's not on the menu.

I tend to just tell them what type of Indian food I like and they will surprise me...and its always good.

Prices and parking are good. Reserve by phone, don't email them, as its a bit of a hit and miss.