“Lovely meal”

Bella Italia Reading Oracle
Ranked #128 of 654 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated by the riverside at Reading's Oracle shopping centre, Bella Italia is a popular destination for Italian dining. The restaurant itself is an attractive space, decked out in a rustic Italian style with tiled flooring, warm tones and bistro style seating. There is a magnificent terrace to the front of the restaurant which is always busy during the summer months. The menu comprises of all the classic Italian dishes from tasty mixed antipasti platters heaped with smoked ham, salami, bruschetta, mozzarella and olives to pizza topped with Italian cured ham and rocket. Desserts such as the mascarpone cheesecake with red berry compote keep all those with a sweet tooth contented.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My daughter and I had a lovely meal here. We arrived quite late - gone 9.00 on a monday night and we were made to feel so welcome. Our food was delicious and quickly served. The two members of staff who served us were so friendly. Thank you!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A group of us ladies often meet and eat here. Very reasonable priced good quality italian food. Wide menu choice. Excellent service. Waiters are amazing characters on my birthday a balloon was placed on the table and when dessert was served lights were dimmed and the waiter serenaded me. Every time we eat here food is first class and the staff go out of their way to ensure each guest feels special.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I'll be honest, it wasn't our first choice after a trip to the cinema with two 9 year old boys on Halloween. But two other places were full, time was getting on, and Bella Italia had a table.

At this point, I have to eat my words and say we were all pleasantly surprised. The welcome was warm, the drinks came quickly, the waiter was great wit the boys.... and the pizza.... well they don't come much better, I have to say.

Two Carne Mistos for the boys, and a Pepperoni Piccante for me. Thin, crispy, cooked to perfection, and all eaten with gusto. Less mass-market than Pizza Express, and the staff seemed genuinely friendly, none of the fixed-smile-have-a-nice-day-where's-my-tip approach.

Will definitely go again. Thanks guys

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have eaten in this restaurant several times and each time the service has been superb. The food is excellent quality and good value. The staff are very prompt and friendly.

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Like all the Bella Italian restaurants really, reasonable choice and value, service a bit hit and miss depending on the staff that serve you. We went twice in the same month and had wildly different service; the first time it was excellent, the second time we met mr and mrs clueless, they lost track of orders, forgot to deliver items and where stroppy as hell. I was also asked "why you no tip me?, reply "if you have to ask dear, you really shouldn't be here"