“Very slow service”

Giraffe - Reading
Ranked #121 of 630 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have been here twice now and on both occasions the service has been incredibly slow. The first time, was a brunch and it took so long to have our food brought over that we almost just considered leaving and going elsewhere. The second time was with a friend for dinner, It took ages to even get a waiters attention & we we did the drinks order was wrong and again the food took an age to arrive. Not worth the wait, Go elsewhere!

1  Thank Emma B
giraffeconcepts, Social Media Manager at Giraffe - Reading, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Hey Emma,

Sorry to hear about your wait at our Reading giraffe, that's not what we like to hear! Especially if it has happened twice. I'll send your feedback onto the manager of Reading so they can look into the issue.

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Went for lunch while shopping in Reading. It is very kid friendly, lots of buggies and young children with mums having lunch. My 3 year old niece loved it, she could make noise and be a kid. It is a nice warm cozy setting which was perfect considering the cold rain and howling wind outside. Good selection for kids as well as adults. I had the veggie brunch with my eggs scramble. Nothing was too much trouble and staff very attentive.
The food was delivered quickly and the portions are huge, it was very delicious especially the veggie sausages.. yum yum. Yes the price is a little high but the quality of the food is excellent and service is very good.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My self and my husband decided to visit for lunch. Found the menu to be quite interesting though unfortunately what came out was not a very bland burger on a slab of wood with a few chips for what we paid for it I would of thought it would of been a bit nicer than it was. The lay out of the place was very cramped and no organisation to it what's so ever and to be left with a rather large bill at the end was disappointing I think mcdonalds would of been better.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We went for lunch and tried their Lunch for less dishes. The food was very bland, and overpriced for what we got. We didn't enjoy the food but the service was very friendly. We probably won't return.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Had lunch here service was fast but food was just very bland. And over priced you can get the same sort of food near by and for a better price. Would not go back.

2  Thank David G