We stayed at the Millennium on a pop over on our way to a wedding in the country. I had no idea what to expect b/c it was a place arranged by the bride and groom. Mostly we were impressed with the service and the friendly staff. Our bellman bought us up to our room and we could smell that it was smoking--immdiately--the bellman went down, rearranged our room and brought us to an even better room. He was so sweet and accommodating and was able to do it in a flash. We ended up with a lovely room with the huge glass windows---we'd have to remember to keep the blinds drawn to eliminate the fish bowl effect, but this was not an issue and the light was great. I went down to the spa and tried to arrange massages for myself and my husband---the owner (he contracts with the hotel for massage services) could not have been nicer or more professional. Even with our last minute notice, he booked us massages and we were even able to get a massage for the groom. The rehersal dinner was also at the hotel and I was pleasantly surprised how good the food was, the service was friendly and attentive and we really had a good time. The bartenders over in the louinge afterwards were very friendly and accomodating. Finally, the massive breakfast buffet was fantastic and had lots of fresh fruit and pasteries--and I am someone who dislikes buffets genereally. Overall, it was a really great stay and as you can tell, we sampled much of what the hotel has to offer. It's not a Ritz Carlton fancy hotel, but it is quite nice and if you are in the area and need to stay here, I'm sure it will fit your needs quite nicely especially with the reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just off the M4 motorway at junction 11, the Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading is ideally located for those who want to visit the wonderful countryside within Royal Berkshire. The hotel also forms part of the impressive Madejski Stadium Complex, incorporating the Royal Berkshire Conference Centre, and home to both Reading Football Club and London Irish RFC. Nearby we have Legoland, Windsor Castle and for those who enjoy the races, Ascot, Windsor and Newbury are all within easy reach. Other areas of interest include, Henley, Oxford and London is only 20 minutes away by train.The hotel has leisure facilities which include a swimming pool and gym. The hotel also offers complimentary Wi-Fi and car parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Madejski Reading
- Reading Millennium Madejski Hotel