Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11
$94
$89
$100
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
$57
pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
$73
Hilton Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
$118
$99
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
$89
CrownePlaza.com
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
$83
$120
$112
  • Restaurant
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Pool
$93
$42
All reviewsthe holiday innfamily roomswimming poollegoland packagechanging roomstrouser pressrestaurant staffthe ground floorexecutive roomleisure facilitiesbreakfast staffplenty of parkinghealth clubbusiness tripdouble bedcomfortable staystayed one night
Reviewed February 20, 2013

First stay at this hotel for several months and although noticed a lot of staff changes, seems for the better. Was lovely to see Adam again and as always, he was very friendly and professional. Found that all the staff are really friendly and cannot do enough for guests. Room very clean and comfy, great bar and food. Did notice at breakfast though that there appeared to be just one member of staff who was rushed off her feet, doing her best to accomodate all guests but was unable to clear tables as they emptied so was struggling to find clean tables for later guests requireing breakfast. Looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: There are a couple of rooms that are stated are 'doubles' but have 4ft beds rather than 4'6" +. The bed is pushed into a corner of a very small room. Annoyingly though, the room rate is the same as a proper sized double.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Josie J
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to read your comments regarding our great team at the hotel, and I have shared your review with them with thanks.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in due course.

Regarding your comments about the bed, it appears that you may have been allocated a single room. Please do enquire about this at Reception on your next visit, or email your details to reading@ihg.com so that this can be investigated.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights as a part of a business trip which I had to work nights in the company site and I found the staff to be very friendly and extremely helpful. Very dated hotel and clearly the furniture and the amenities looked like they have been there from the 1980's. Special thanks to friendly chambermaids who made sure my room was cleaned but I was no disturbed during the day time when I was at sleep.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

As the General Manager of the hotel, I was very pleased to read of the staff and service that you encountered during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back on some future occasion.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Have just returned from a week long stay whilst undertaking training. We had a party of 15 and all agreed that that the staff and food were brilliant. Not sure why the previous review didn't find the food up to standard as we were all so impressed with the quality of the food prepared by the very helpful chef, even giving us pancakes on Tuesday for a snack at elevenses. The staff were very friendly and we couldn't fault the service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experiences with us.

It was great to read that you found our staff to be so helpful and friendly, and that you were impressed with the food. I have shared your comments with the team with thanks. Positive feedback is vital to our business, and to inform our staff that they continue to do a wonderful job.

We do hope to be able to welcome yourself and your colleagues back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Like this hotel staff are great, amenities great but they really need to sort the food. A simple fish and chips absolute garbage. stay here but eat elsewhere. Hotel is really handy for m4 and only 30 minutes from Heathrow.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I was pleased to read your feedback regarding our staff, but was sorry to learn that we may have let ourselves down in the Restaurant. I would be grateful if you could contact me via my PA on 0118 9870491, or reading@ihg.com, so that I can discuss this with you further.

Thank you again for your comments, and I look forward to speaking with you in due course.

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night, everything was satisfactory, had no problems. Not the best in the area though, room was looking slightly tired. As a fairly regular visitor to Reading I've stayed in several local hotels and it's surprising how often you can find a deal to get a comparable price at much higher quality hotels. Wouldn't have a problem staying here again, but would always check for a deal at Madjeski, Hilton, Holiday Inn Jct 10, etc. first.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us.

I would very much like to be able to discuss your comments with you further, and would be grateful if you could contact me via my PA on 0118 9870491, or reading@ihg.com.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.