“Quiet break between Christmas and New Year”

Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed January 10, 2013

A pleasant weekend in an almost totally empty hotel. Staff welcoming, comfortable and clean room with - a big plus - a functioning fridge. Conveniently situated, plenty of parking space and with a bus stop just outside going right to the centre of town.
My only disappointments were the cost of internet access - £16 for 24 hours is exorbitant, and supposed bath towels which were far too small.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

It was very pleasing to read you comments about our friendly, welcoming team, and that you found your room to be comfortable.

Thank you also for highlighting the issue with the size of your towels. Please be assured that I will be discussing this matter with the departments concerned.

Regarding the internet, over the last few years we have invested heavily in providing our guests with super high speed, secure internet. Technically, what sets us apart is the amount of bandwidth each hotel enjoys. So, unlike a basic broadband connection, we're able to guarantee excellent speed, not just for a few of our guests, but for hundreds.

In addition we offer 24/7 technical support should you require any assistance. To make all this possible we do need to apply a charge for internet use. We value and appreciate your comments and we are currently looking at how we meet all our guests expectations on the quality and price of internet.

Thank you again for your review, and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel on some future occasion.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here for the Reading festival. Lovely, clean rooms with very comfortable beds and a selection of different pillows.

They were also very accommodating towards us festival goers with welly-washing facilities outside!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I was very pleased to read your comments, and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back this year.

Thank you again for your great feedback.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We needed a place to rest our heads whilst visiting family over Xmas and the Holiday Inn at Junction 11 suited the location. A typical 'Holiday Inn', pleasant room, small bathroom all very clean and tidy but nothing to rave about and for the price paid it was reasonable. Staff were pleasant considering they were having to work over the holiday period and would return under similar circumstances.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I was particularly pleased to read your comments about our friendly staff.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed for two nights at Christmas while visiting relatives.Chosen because of convenient location.
Room smaller than expected and sheets had seen better days(a hole in one of them).Plenty of parking space and easy to find.OK for short stop,but recommend asking for ground floor if have mobility problems as there is no lift. No noise problems.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review you recent stay with us, and my apologies for the condition of your bed linen. Please be assured that I have shared this information with our new Head Housekeeper, and action will be taken to ensure that this situation is not repeated.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

booked this last minute for the company xmas dinner. I really wanted to stay in town to avoid taxi's both ways. It was really good that the bus stop was literally 50 yds away which was great.

I woke up at 9.15am, really hungry after the night before(you know that feeling!) I rang reception who said that breakfast finished at 9am but to come down quickly and they will see what they can do. I thought.......waste of time!!

BUT to my amazement, they kept the restaurant open and the staff new my name and room number and that i would be late...needless to say the breakfast tasted good!!!

Great customer service guys!! Thanks

Room Tip: I always book a double if the price is the same as a twin...beds is sooo much bigger!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review, I was very pleased to read of your experience with us.

We do pride ourselves on the level of service we offer, and this is a great example that I will share with the team with thanks.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back on some future occasion.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I only stayed here for a week or so and subsequently found the Holiday Inn at Winersh Triagle. Given the choice, I would avoid this hotel as it is somewhat old fashioned, staff are a little unwilling to help and the hotel has generally seen better days. There are better options.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, and for your feedback.

I was very sorry to hear that you found an employee to be unhelpful, and I would very much like to be able to speak with you to get some more details.

I would be most grateful if you could contact me at the hotel at your convenience.

Thank you again for your comments, and I do hope to be able to speak with you soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel is an average, run of the mill hotel. The rooms are nondescript with unmemorable decor, the towels were a bit thin, the room was on the smaller side with very flat pillows. It was quiet, though, which was much appreciated.

I had a difficult time controlling the temperature in the room, and it was often too warm. I was there in December, and while I enjoyed the warm room when I would get it at night, it got quickly too warm when I tried to sleep. They do let you open the window a few inches, which was nice.

The rooms were clean and they had coffee and tea in them. No iron, though there was a pants press. I had fun trying to press my shirt in it.

The restaurant was serviceable. It wasn't particularly warm in atmosphere, but the food was fine. Breakfast had a continental choice as well as a hot bar (which I did not try), and dinner was a choice of buffet or menu. The buffet was a good value compared to the menu prices, and was a decent quality English food.

Everyone at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. I always felt welcomed.

There's not a lot within walking distance, so I was pretty much held hostage.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor don't have a view of anything. There are two floors, so you might b...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cyanhead
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experiences with us.

As the General Manager of the hotel, I was pleased to hear your positive feedback regarding the staff and service that you encountered.

I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding areas that you feel could be improved. Customer feedback forms a vital part of our business and it is through constructive comments such as yours that we are able to strive to improve the service we offer guests in all hotels in the InterContinental Group.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and being of service to you again.

Paul Twomey

Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Hilton Reading
Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10
Hillingdon Prince Hotel
Hillingdon Prince Hotel
#14 of 31 in Reading

Been to Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11? Share your experiences!