2,957 results
All reviews pentahotel reading free movies q park great hotel huge bed air con great shower reception area quiet room modern hotel business trip car park busy road would stay again reading festival central location town centre
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took a punt on this hotel for a recent business nights stay. It seemed cheap esoecially for a 4 star, but hey, in for a penny, in for a pound!!!!

What can I say,, the booking was very easy, lobby and visual experience was very good and the room was great. The only draw back was the heating/cooling - this seemed to be quite complicated as when turned right down onto cool the heating still seemed to be on - opening the window slightly, addressed that issue tho..

As for the bed and pillows, which I have real problems with - this was the best experience. The mattress was deep and extremely comfortable to the point I had the best nights sleep - simply the best nights sleep that I've had in a hotel for quite some time... Well done Penta Hotels - you've got it spot on!!!

Room tip: all good I would imagine
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
PedroM7997, General Manager at pentahotels Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mike D,
Thanks for taking the time to review pentahotel Reading and awarding it 5 Stars!
I am delighted with your review and really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Good to see you experienced some of the best we have to offer...best beds in town!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very modern and clean. The reception staff very friendly and helpful. I liked the fact the hotel room provided choice of tea not just English breakfast. The bed was very comfy. Overall stay was very pleasant. I stay in hotels quite a lot for business and leisure and I confidently say one of the best hotels I stayed so far.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Aleksandra C,

Reviewed December 17, 2018

Good location and comfortable rooms. Very good gym opened 24x7 (which is a big advantage). The gym is almost complete and support entire work-out session. very good service overall, especially very helpful and supportive front desk team. Internet speed is very good and available across all the hotel premises.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Y4956NTtonys,
Thanks for taking the time to review pentahotel Reading and awarding it 4 Stars!
I am delighted with your review and really happy that you enjoyed our high level of service from my team.
Good to see you experienced some of the best we have to offer...24 hours Gym!

Reviewed December 16, 2018

Nice stay after works Christmas party, which went well. Room was fine, and bed comfortable. A little noisy as we were at the front of the hotel, but that is not the hotel's fault..Unfortunately breakfast following morning was disappointing, the 'hot' breakfast was not even warm, infact the bacon was stone cold. it was tasty but somewhat disappointing.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Curiosity67418115618,
Thanks for taking the time to review pentahotel Reading.
Really appreciate your honest feedback and will take on board the points raised.
I am glad you enjoyed your Christmas Party at Penta!
Hope to see you again soon,
Regards,

Reviewed December 14, 2018 via mobile

I attended a business meeting at the hotel and accidentally left a £30 Contigo coffee flask in the function room. I was staying at the hotel and didn't take it anywhere else. When I realised I lost the cup the apathetic staff had a quick look in a cupboard but didn't have it. Nobody would want to steal it so I presume a member of staff threw it away! Put me off staying there again.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Gastronaught74,
Thanks for taking the time to review pentahotel Reading.
I am disappointed with your review and to be penalized for something that is not in our remit or brand proposition.
I urge you to reconsider your review as the hotel is not responsible for items left behind.
Hope to see you again soon,