“Very disappointing.”

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #92 of 622 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing.”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The menu was limited and the food indifferent although it was very expensive. I could have had a better Italian meal at several of the 'chain' restaurants for a much better price. I was not very impressed with the service either, I felt the waiting staff were indifferent. I have spoken to friends who were also disappointed with other branches of Jamie's Italian .

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Westbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The best meal out we have had as a family ever. The welcome is very warm and friendly, the staff know the menu and specials VERY well. You are made to feel special and the childrens menu is on a viewfinder which my daughter loved (a nice touch). The food was absolutely gorgeous and I have not had anything like it anywhere else. My daughter loved watching the chef make pasta behind our table. Not the cheapest but absolutely worth what you pay. I wlll be visiting again and will be recommending this to friends and family. The choice is excellent and so is the portion size.

cheshire
“Good location and excellent service”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Visited with my daughter as we were down visiting the uni and knew we would enjoy the food here.
Service was excellent, very friendly, couldn't fault them at all. The staff appeared to enjoy working here which is always a good start.
We chose to start with a bruschetta, it was good but the ricotta cheese could have done with being allowed to come more to room temperature.
We shared 3 starter pastas for our mains, one vegetarian( bit disappointing and not as good as the vegetarian ravioli they used to do) one rabbit, tasty and not too rich and one sausage, again good but would have found a whole main too rich.
We also shared a salad,again prefer the old recipe of the crunchy salad and the posh chips....excellent.
We shared the taster pud between the two of us, which was five small portions of different puds, so just a small mouthful each but sufficient for us.
We ordered a glass of wine,a good Pinot Grigio and a lemonade( excellent if you like mint) automatically the server offered us water and tap at that, not trying to push bottled!
I also had an espresso martini, definitely recommended.

I would recommend booking so you don't have to wait and maybe also consider being a gold club member as you do get emailed about offers, none on when we went but are at other times.

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“All in all, a bit disappointing”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Food is pretty good, atmosphere also, but seating leaves a lot to be desired, I for one do not like to sit on a plastic chair when eating my meal and that is a big no no. Why oh why do they have such uncomfortable seating in such a glorious location. Ok so that aside, the waiting staff are simply smashing and they truly made our time there quite memorable, just as well as my overall judgment on this establishment is that it is quite pretentious. I had the beef special of the day and what they described as a salad was a bit of an insult, a few strips of whatever it was placed on top of my beef stew does not constitute a salad, BUT the new roast potatoes served along with this meal were "to die for" and the carbonara we had was about the best it could be, There are at least ten other eateries in this particular location, so would we return, think we might try another place next time.

England
“Nice atmosphere but rubbish food”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Three of us dropped in for a quick evening meal. Went for Jamie's burger which was really poor. Just warm, the mozzarella on top was just out of the fridge so tasteless and the salad had no dressing....very very bland. The other dishes were salmon again with an undressed, pitiful,salad and a couple of slices of shredded turnip. The only dish that was OK was the pasta.

The chefs need to taste/season the food and if I were Jamie I would not put my name to this food.