Tripadvisor
Reading
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews no window base price a busy main road reading town centre basic hotel stayed here late check reading station toilet
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2020

Rooms are very small, very loud bcs location, even with heating on all night was cold, not very clean, and u have to pay extra for everything... which is making that place not so cheap. That was first and last time there.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

It’s cheap for a reason. You have to pay additional for the TV and WiFi. My room had no windows and the air on was stuck on “heat” so had to turn off in order not to cook. Bed was like sleeping on concrete. On the plus side, the room, albeit very small, was clean, modern, new and the shower facilities were great. No options for breakfast

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2019 via mobile

Stunning room for £55.20 however there no mention of having to pay extra for the tv and i wasn't able to park so i had to park in a multi storey car park a quarter of a mile away for £25 making the stay even more expensive.
Then having no tea/coffee making facilities in the room is not acceptable so every time you want a drink you have to go for a walk down to the reception. This might not a be a huge thing to many but having only two clothes hangers that are fixed isn’t good either.
I booked a room with a window but I wasn’t able to open as I like fresh air coming through.
Personally I wish i had of booked with a proper hotel as it would have cost less and wouldn’t have had to pay extra for things that should be incorporated in the price ie tea/coffee.
This hotel isn't a budget a hotel it’s a ripoff hotel. The only thing they supply is roughly toilet paper, body soap and towels.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2019

This is the worst experience ever, small or may be half room, i was stolen my bank card as i just arrived and someone from the reception team have withdrwan money from my account

I will not recommend this Hotel to people, pay more and feel comfortable rother than choosing this pseudo Hotel

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Ignacy M, Manager at EasyHotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2019

Dear Rafikjedidi,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in our hotel.
Could you please provide more details regarding the issues with your bank card as I would like to investigate it further. My direct email is reading.gm@easyhotel.com

Kind regards
Ignacy
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 8, 2019

I'm sick. You would be sick too, if you stayed for more than 4 days/nights in this infernal hell-hole. A windowless room, no space to move around the bed, no table, no chair, air-conditioning that is regulated by the reception desk (so it's either too hot or too cold), no wifi or TV (you have to pay extra for them!), no parking, no kettle to heat water to drink. I think it's better to stay in a prison in England than in this 'easy hotel'. I've never seen a bigger scam than this.

I don't think you stay in this place for even two days. Claustrophobic! Breathing the stale air in the room for days on end, you end up sick. Physically sick, and sick of every 'Easy Hotel' on the planet!

Wonder how the municipal authorities gave permission to such 'scamster' hotels. Something is seriously rotten in the U.K. if 'Easy Hotels' are permitted to lodge visitors like sardines in a tin can. Your health is in peril if you stay in such nefarious lodges.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Mahanama

Dear Mahanama,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay in our hotel.
To keep our rates super affordable, we only offer basic amenities and the rest are extra charges so you can tailor your stay to suit your needs and budget. We hope this wasn't too much of an inconvenience to you.
I assume that you choose to book the most economy room without a window for your stay. Please take note that we also offer rooms with windows for a slightly higher price.

Kind regards