“Great hotel! Very relaxing.”
Review of Hilton Reading

Hilton Reading
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Although it was a moderately expensive hotel to stay at, we definitely got value for our money. It was 100% worth it. If anyone is considering staying at this hotel, I would recommend staying for a few days to ensure that you make the most of the hotel and its facilities. We had a few queries through our stay but the hotel employees were very understanding and helpful when trying to resolve them. There seemed to be an event running in the hotel at the time of our stay but we still did not hear a single noise from it. It was a very peaceful and relaxing stay overall. Other guests were understanding of other people wanting peace and quiet so no problems came up with noise. Rooms had a modern, attractive design and were very clean. The bed was comfortable - I sunk into the pillows after a long day and had no trouble sleeping! We did not know the area very well, but using a sat nav we found that the hotel is very close to business parks, shopping outlets and restaurants. Very convenient location for our stay.
I loved the health club facilities, the gym had top of the range equipment and there was also a pool, sauna and steam room. More than ten people and the pool will become a bit crowded as it is rather small but choosing the right time to visit it would prevent this. My only criticism would be the price. Considering the location of the hotel, it was difficult to justify paying almost £20 for one breakfast in bed - and that was a basic rate before extras. I would definitely stay at the hotel again, but be prepared to spend a substantial sum.

Room Tip: There was a group of us staying at the hotel, four of us chose to stay in the "Queen Hilton Del...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear BethWO7

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton Reading.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Good Hotel Location beside Green Park and Madejski stadium .

Clean and tidy rooms , great for business trips . a walking distance from Green Business Park . Also less than 10 minutes away from the Oracle shopping and Restaurants area.

one tip , if you open the minibar you will be automatically charged for the everything in it even if you don't consume it , bring this to the reception attention and they will remove it from the bill as needed .

Room Tip: High Floor Room and if you open the minibar you will be automatically charged for the everything in...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear AhmedDawood

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the Hilton Reading.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read.

Please be advised, the hotel is happy to empty the mini bar should you require it.

Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Reading once again in the near future.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We use this Hotel frequently for off site meetings, It has a Costa Coffee in the lounge area. The reception is large and very comfortable and the bar food is good. One small criticism would be the price, it is really rather expensive, more like Central London prices than little old Reading.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Intcopiers.

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments.

In terms of the pricing, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible.

We are pleased that your visits are pleasant and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were really excited to stay at the Hilton Reading. The hotel, room, facilities etc were everything you would expect from a Hilton. Whilst I would not expect the hotel to be completely silent at the weekend I was surprised at the volume of music audible in our room (158). We could clearly make out songs, words and the bass line until 1am when the music stopped and we were able to go to bed. Upon check out I was actively asked about our stay and when I informed the receptionist I was dismissed and told that I should have telephoned reception. Why ask people's opinion if you're not interested? Unfortunately we would not choose to stay here again which is a real shame.

• Stayed: April 2014
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Andreasmith

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments.

In terms of the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible. I am sincerely sorry to read that your sleep was disrupted by an event at the hotel, and I do hope that you reconsider visiting us, so that we can show you that we can do much better.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Me and my gf went there for a spa break. Hotel is beautiful and modern. Little disappointed as the pool and sauna was being serviced however everything else was perfect. We are looking to visit next month.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear JimmyJame

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review on trip advisor.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your visit, and look forward to welcoming you back in the coming months.

Should you need anything, please feel free to contact me on the email address below.

Aimee Louise

Reviewed April 22, 2014

The reason why one would stay in this hotel is because its close to the Reading football ground or, much more likely, one has the pleasure of staying on business in Reading. The Hilton is a typical business 4*, somewhere outside Reading along the carriageway, close to the highway, with complementary parking, without special character but modern, new clean and with a very good hotel restaurant and a nice bar lounge area, exactly what one will need when staying in a place like Reading. I'd never come here on a holiday but for business its perfectly right.

One problem to be fixed: the rooms are ICE cold - I stayed in two rooms and the heating just wouldn't get the temperature up - first I thought my aircon was broken - I complained, they fixed it right away. When I stayed in another room the same problem occurred and once again I froze at night ... Definitely something to get sorted hence for now: sleep quality: poor - sorry.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear HeikoHeiko

Thank you for your review on Hilton Reading.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read.

With regards to your comments relating to room temperature, I have sent your comments onto my Maintenance Manager for review, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

With Kind regards

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Hotel lovely, clean & fresh
Swimming pool out of action!!
Free wi-fi only in barK area (this day & age it should be free all over) charges were extortoniate for the room wi-fi)
Food in Larder restaurant - average, I have paid less and had better food elsewhere
the only down side is the town centre is quite a hike so a taxi is necessary (£8 each way) and at the end of a long day not really ready to go back out again to eat, so disappointing really
Breakfast was fine
room was clean, tidy, windows did not open though

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Tina W

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible.

Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on aimee.louiseash@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.