“Absolutely amazing”

Hilton Reading
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Me and my gf went there for a spa break. Hotel is beautiful and modern. Little disappointed as the pool and sauna was being serviced however everything else was perfect. We are looking to visit next month.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear JimmyJame

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review on trip advisor.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your visit, and look forward to welcoming you back in the coming months.

Should you need anything, please feel free to contact me on the email address below.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

The reason why one would stay in this hotel is because its close to the Reading football ground or, much more likely, one has the pleasure of staying on business in Reading. The Hilton is a typical business 4*, somewhere outside Reading along the carriageway, close to the highway, with complementary parking, without special character but modern, new clean and with a very good hotel restaurant and a nice bar lounge area, exactly what one will need when staying in a place like Reading. I'd never come here on a holiday but for business its perfectly right.

One problem to be fixed: the rooms are ICE cold - I stayed in two rooms and the heating just wouldn't get the temperature up - first I thought my aircon was broken - I complained, they fixed it right away. When I stayed in another room the same problem occurred and once again I froze at night ... Definitely something to get sorted hence for now: sleep quality: poor - sorry.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear HeikoHeiko

Thank you for your review on Hilton Reading.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read.

With regards to your comments relating to room temperature, I have sent your comments onto my Maintenance Manager for review, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Reading once again in the near future.

With Kind regards

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Hotel lovely, clean & fresh
Swimming pool out of action!!
Free wi-fi only in barK area (this day & age it should be free all over) charges were extortoniate for the room wi-fi)
Food in Larder restaurant - average, I have paid less and had better food elsewhere
the only down side is the town centre is quite a hike so a taxi is necessary (£8 each way) and at the end of a long day not really ready to go back out again to eat, so disappointing really
Breakfast was fine
room was clean, tidy, windows did not open though

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Tina W

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible.

Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on aimee.louiseash@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed in 6 hotels in the UK over 10 nights. By far the best service and hotel facilities we stayed at during our trip. Food in dinning room was excellent. This is a business hotel but would recommend it for proximity to Heathrow airport and Highclere Castle (where Downton Abby is filmed). There is also a large shopping mall close.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear x28625vrobertg

Thank you for posting your kind comments following your recent visit to the Hilton Reading. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were shocked by the hotels attitude towards the safety of the guests after a evacustion of the hotel during early hours of the morning. The fire alarm had sounded briefly at around 10.30 pm. At around 2.00am my wife woke me to say there were blue lights outside. Looking out of the window I noticed firemen and residents outside standing on the forcourt. I rang down to reception and enquired if everyone need evacuate the hotel as no alarms were sounding on our level. We were advised that everyone needs to evacuate. Whilst leaving our room the alarms on our level had still not been activated. Having joined the rest of the of the guests in the forcourt there was no head count to confirm everyone had been evacuated, and we were not requested to stay further back in case of explosion. We tried to find family members that were also on the same level but could not find them, having phoned them and waking them up we advised them they need to get out of the hotel. The alarms had still not been activated on our level. I am pleased to say no one was injured, but this was not due to the competence of the hotel management and staff.

• Stayed: April 2014
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Gareth W

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser as thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

I have taken your comments on board, and contacted you directly following your concerns.

Should you have any further concerns, please contact me on aimee.louiseash@hilton.com.

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with two young children for two nights as part of a legoland deal (dont get me started on legoland!). Check in was easy, very friendly lady and cookies for the children. The room was modern, quiet and comfortable with everything you could need- no opening windows though :(
but sound insulation really good. Ample free parking in the underground car park and a lift to the ground floor. Breakfast- good choice, great quality and fantastic service with pancakes and hot chocolate offered for the children.
Overall a fantastic hotel and a credit to your staff who were brilliant.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear brianthechicken

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton Reading.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We visit this hotel numerous times throughout the year for some cycling, it's great for cycling around reading and along the themes. Hotel isn't bad either, staff always pleasant, professional and hotel is always clean and tidy and well looked after.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Phillip L

Thank you for posting such a kind review following your most recent trip to the Hilton Reading.

I am delighted to read that you use the hotel during your cycling breaks, and that on each visit you find the staff to be professional and friendly.