“Suitable business hotel”
Review of Hilton Reading

Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Reading Hilton is a newer glass and steel hotel on the outskirts of Reading, near the Madjeski stadium and about 40 minutes from Heathrow. Initial impressions were favourable although check-in took a bit longer than I'd hoped for. I got my room card and went straight to my room.

The room was small but clean and pleasant. Though not to my taste, the bed was firm, the bedding soft and and clean. The bathroom was finished to a very high standard with all the necessary toiletries and towels available. The shower was amazing with good flow and good temperature control on the water, I felt revived afterwards. There is a hi-def tv available but went unused as I planned to read. There is a deficit of plugs near the bed if you plan to charge your phone and use it as an alarm.

The bar area was comfortable with food available and was where I ate dinner. There is a restaurant available but I didn't fancy what was on the menu and elected a simpler pasta dish in the bar. With Gold status car a free beer chit as there is no executive lounge, beers on tap were limited but not overly expensive considering it was a hotel bar.

Breakfast in the morning was plentiful with a hot full english option as well as plenty of continental choices. I wasn't in the mood for a FEB so had the lighter options and coffee.

Parking is inclusive for guests. Good wireless signal - again included for Gold.

Overall a pleasant and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hilton Reading on Tripadvisor. Your comments about the Hotel and the team are appreciated. Our commitment at the Hilton Reading is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We thank you for choosing the Hilton Reading, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me.

With kind regards

Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,942)

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I found this hotel to be very pleasant and all in all had a great stay and would certainly recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in and around Reading.
The rooms are spacious and very clean.
The hotel is well situated between the M4 and Reading town centre.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Fantastic staff and facilities. All ensured a seamless evening for the Charity Event. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff all went beyond what was expected to exceed expectations. I would certainly recommend the Hotel to anyone looking for the best service and a reasonable cost.. My best wishes to all of the staff and management.

Dear Reviewer,

I was pleased that your charity event ran smoothly and that you and your guests were treated as we would hope any of our guests would be. I was also delighted to see that you found our staff to be professional and friendly.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Excellent location near Reading. The facilities are modern and well appointed. The staff were professional and caring. The only disappointing thing is that they charge for wireless access even if you attending a conference!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comment in regards to our WIFI we currently offeri 60 minutes complimentary internet use in the public areas for all our guests.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I recently took advantage of a lastminute.com spa deal which included dinner, bed and breakfast a bottle of wine and a spa treatment. The hotel was beautiful, extremely clean, the bathroom had villeroy and boch fittings, and the bed linen was really good quality. All the staff were friendly and couldnt do enough for you. The only negative was the spa treatment location, which was a bedroom with the bed removed.

I had a massage which was very good indeed, the pool area was very basic though. No jacuzzi and not very big.

All in all, I would be happy to stay here again, the staff made it a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Really nice hotel, close to the city centre. We chose to dine in the hotel restaurant and were pleased with it. They offered a buffett option or a set menu. We went for the buffett option which had a great selection. Room was nice and staff and service excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your meal in the Larder Restaurant.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The overall experience we had it was very nice. we used the spa and had massages wich were lovely. The pool was nice and we also used the sauna and steam room provided. I would definetely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed our hotel amenities.