“Excellent hotel...”

GreenLeadersGold level
Lagos, Nigeria
“Excellent hotel...”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I spent 4 nights this new year with my family in this hotel and it was really excellent. Though we had booked one room, a second adjoining room for half price was thrown into the bargain the next day. So my children had a room to themselves. The rooms were very well turned out and the beds comfortable. Breakfast was really very good. We will definitely be staying there when we visit again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Helen_Dashper, Guest Services Advisor to General Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hilton Reading on Tripadvisor. Your comments about the Hotel and the team are appreciated. Our commitment at the Hilton Reading is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us

We thank you for choosing the Hilton Reading, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Helen Dashper
Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Arabic first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2013

stayed over with a pre-rate booking for 1 night over a weekend. Fantastic hotel with fantastic facilities.
Car parking underneath on site, easy access, breakfast opens at 06:30 for business travellers weekdays. All in all possibly the best Hilton I've ever stayed in

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Helen_Dashper, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, January 9, 2013

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Overall good value for money. The rooms were nice and were clean. Very nice room overall. Had slight issues with our TV but I'm sure that was just a luck thing..one of the managers came up to sort it out. Very nice room and good view. Great service. Only thing I would mention is the breakfast. Great variety but the main part lacked a bit in quality. Overall great hotel and was good value for money. Location alright but it's not really walkable from reading town centre. Well it would be a rather long (30-45) minute walk...but by car is alright.

• Stayed December 2012
Helen_Dashper, Guest Services Advisor to General Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I am disappointed to read that the quality of the food that you recieved in our food and beverage outlets was not as to be expected, I can assure you your comments have been taken on board and I have raised this with our Food & Beverage Manager .

Helen Dashper
Guest Services
Ferrara
Reviewed December 27, 2012

When you book an Hilton Hotel you do expect a consistent level of quality around the world. Well this is what you will have a Hilton Reading. Nothing exciting but clean, spacious and with good forniture rooms + a good restaurant and helpfull staff at the congierce.

The only negative point are the prices on the restaurant which in my opinion don't reflect the normal quality of the food and the location and setting

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank the_expert_traveler
Dear Reviewer,

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us.
I have passed your comments in regards to the pricing to our F&B Team for future consideration.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I bagged a room at a 50% discount for a late booking the week before Christmas.
The room was comfortable and well equipped. All the facilities worked correctly. My room service breakfast was delivered on time and was of superb quality. There was a problem with the water in my bathroom due to a pipe burst and the staff were very well organised and arranged an adjacent room for me to use. Great Service I would expect from a quality hotel chain.

Room Tip: If your travel plans are last minute then check late booking to get a discounted price
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank rugbygeezer
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team was able to accommodate you quickly after the challenge with the water supply on the day.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We had an overnight stay, arriving in the evening and leaving late the next morning. The hotel was spotless, the room very nicely appointed and the bed very comfortable. Would certainly stay here again.

Didn't have occasion to try the restaurant.

Outstanding front desk service.

Well located for a quick trip to Heathrow to catch our flight home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for mentioning our front desk staff.

Wolverhampton
Reviewed December 21, 2012

we stayed here for a weekend, its a lovely hotel,only three years old so everything is still quite fresh,,the beds had toppers on so they were very comfy and the linen was really soft,, the complimentry toilertries were designer very nice!! the food was lovely, especially the breakfast,plenty of choice and eat as much as you like,,i highly recomend this hotel and definitely hope to stay there again some time soon

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for your nice comments about our staff and service.