“Good tasty Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Can't really fault the food here. Not the best Thai we have ever shared together, but certainly nowhere near the worse either.

Reviewed October 10, 2010

I visited this restaurant with a couple of friends on a Saturday night, we were looking for a restaurant and happened to be passing. The Thai restaurant is on the second floor. When we arrived there was only one other group in the restaurant, however during the time we were there it did fill up and become a little more busy.

We ordered one of the set dinners which was £16.90 per head and two bottles of Pino Grigio Rosé. The first thing we noticed about the experience is that the waitress didn't seem to understand what we were asking for and we had to point everything out on the menu. My friend requested something specific to be removed from one of the dishes and for a green curry to be exchanged for one of the main dishes. The waitress just looked confused and nodded. We knew she hadn't understood the request.

Some good prawn crackers, followed by our starters arrived fairly quickly. The starters were pretty good but not great. They were Chicken Satay sticks, Beef ribs, Spring Rolls and Fishcakes. The mains began to arrived some time later in dribs and drabs. We were waiting to start but all the dishes hadn't arrived and there was no rice or noodles yet. Just as we were about to complain, the rest of the dishes arrived followed by rice and noodles but by this time, some of the first dishes to arrive had started to get cold. The green curry we had asked for also didn't arrive. After we asked again a green curry was brought out but arrived right at the end of the meal. The food was good but it could have been better.

This restaurant has a lot of potential but I don't think they are making the most of it. The food is good but I think there are a couple of better options for really exceptional Thai food in Reading. The plus points are the central location, everything is clean and tidy and the atmosphere is quite good. The low points were that the service was a bit hit and miss. I'm undecided whether I would go here again.

Reviewed September 15, 2010

Second Time here and the food quality has gone down. The chicken hadn't been marinated long enough in the soup and the duck was very rubbery. The service was great shame the food let it down.

Reviewed March 31, 2010

A Thai restaurant brought to you by the Chinese restaurant below.

The food was mediocre - Fishcakes and a Pad Thai, with more than a hint of Chinese influence. I was the only diner in there at the start - normally warning bells would ring, but you need to go up to the 2nd floor..... by which time it's too late to leave.

Even so, service was a little slow and disinterested and the food was edible, not outstanding.

I won't be back.

Reviewed February 22, 2010

We had booked, because it was a Saturday but when we got there we werent sure if we needed to, this was 7.30. However it soon filled up.
We ordered a starter each, I had Tom Yam soup with wontons. It was spicier than I thought and I was gald for the drink of water I had asked for. My husband had some deep fried chicken but he said that some of them were a little chewy, but an amazing side salad with it. We then had red Thai curries, mine chicken and his King Prawn.
Absolutley delicious and definitley recommend. We had Thai fragant rice and vegetables in oyster sauce which were fab too, amazing flavours.
I had a glass of wine and my husband had 2 Thai beers.
It all came to about £43.00. They didnt rush us, it was all very relaxed.
The restaurant is based on the second floor just above its sister chinese restaurtant.