“Easy visit”
Review of Madejski Stadium

Madejski Stadium
Ranked #15 of 88 things to do in Reading
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I visited the stadium to watch a rugby game last Saturday. Car parking was well sign posted and marshalled and there was no problem parking close to the stadium (5 min walk, £8). The views in the stadium are good as it is purpose built. The visiting section was at one end (north stand),and although seats were not allocated we got a good spot right behind the posts. The bars were very busy at half time. I didn't try the food and I was happy with that as it looked very average. A great day out, and although not a London Irish supporter I would take my son again to watch premier rugby as this is an uncomplicated and good value venue to watch rugby. Good transport links.

1  Thank JonnersB

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

My 1st visit here and I was very impressed. Flashed my blue badge at the stewards and got shown where to park even with car park full signs showing. One even went out if his say to move a bollard si I wouldn't have to push on gravel and we didn't have to pay to park. Everyone who saw us went out of their way to help and was very kind and polite even when Villa beat them! Would definitely recommend as a good away day

Reviewed February 17, 2013

saw Elton John and Lulu in concert, brilliant venue for concerts,and facilities for disabled are all nearby seating or wheelchair area.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've visited the Madejski several times over recent months to watch the football.

The facilities are generally very good here although the catering for the punters in the stands leaves a bit to be desired. Crappy Pukka pies, over priced pizzas and dodgy hot dogs aside you can get a good pint here although other food options such as nachos, sandwiches etc would be appreciated. The choice of beers and wine isn't excellent but for a football match it is more than passable.

On a football match day the local bus company provides several routes all around the town to get here. However, if you want to travel from the town centre the buses run frequently and a return only costs £4. It will take roughly 10 minutes, traffic permitting, to travel from the town centre to the stadium.

The queue for buses back to the town centre at the end of a match is a nightmare. It seems never ending but does move relatively quickly! There seems to be a multitude of buses to the town centre although I'm not so sure if this applies should you be going straight to the suburbs.

I don't drive so can't comment on the parking facilities. However, events at the Madejski always seem to be well organised although the return journey tends to be chaos!

1  Thank Esmel
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Attended the Sunderland match on 2 February. Good family atmosphere reasonably well attended and a good level of vocal support for the Royals. Access to the ground is good and there is plenty of 'match day' parking within 10 minutes of the ground. I paid £8 in a safe and well marshalled company car park. The facilities are excellent, clean well maintained toilets, good food and drink outlets and screens to watch other matches before the game. Come on you 'R's!!! By the way, Reading won 2 - 1.