“As said before, avarage.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Chef Imperial
Ranked #21 of 32 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“As said before, avarage.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have eaten here now as a couple 3 or 4 times, and personally 6 or 7 times. It is consistent but average. The food is ok, the menu is wide and varied. The service can be hit and miss. When busy, forget quick. It is a good bet if you need food, like Chinese and can't be fussed. If you want more, go somewhere else.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank W00DM4N

Long Hanborough, United Kingdom
“Average meal but ok if your hungry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been here before and I think it's improved slightly.
That said it remains average, I wouldn't choose to go but went with a friend.
Only 3 tables in use all night, had mixed starters, 2 mains and bottle of house wine
£23 per head,
Beware service charge already added to bill!

• Visited April 2013
Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
“Average food and service for non average prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ate here about a week ago as a last minute decision when we couldn't get parked near our first choice for the evening. There were a couple of large tables in but not too busy. Despite there being several staff on shift service was a little slow. One of the large tables had several small childeren with them (despite it being around 9pm) who were treating the restaurant as a play area running around and generally making a lot of noise. It was clear that most of the other diners were not exactly enamoured by this or by the total absence of concern for their fellow diners shown by the parents.

I have eaten here a few times before and have always been impressed by the food but I have to say this was not this case on this visit. The starters were ok but the lamb was quite tough and chewy. Could be a rogue piece of meat from their supplier.. but when one of our main courses was also lamb and also contained undigestable lumps of meat it looks more like they have changed to cheaper less expensive inferior suppliers.

Dessert was banana and pineapple fritters Tasty enough but no cream or ice cream with them Just a few fritters on a plate looking a bit lonely.

All in all it was nothing more than an OK meal but nothing better than our local take away which would have been half the price. And then there is that service charge that many others have mentioned. I can understand, but do not like, service charge for tables over say 12 people where there is a lot of extra work involved. However a 10% service charge on a meal for two where service has been slow and what little atmosphere there is in the restaurant has been destroyed by noisy running children sticks in the throat and probably will be enough to discourage me from returning in the future to see if there has been an improvement to previous levels of food and service.

• Visited February 2013
“Tried again...much improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I reviewed this restaurant some months back and was unimpressed. However, I gave it another go and this time visited with my young children and husband for the Sunday lunch buffet.
We arrived half an hour before they stopped serving the buffet as we had not managed to get into the packed out local Harvester we had planned on visiting. They were welcoming and seated us straight away, taking our drinks order. We could then go up to the buffet (great as my children were really hungry). Our drinks arrived quickly.
The buffet was slightly depleted, but we were told without having to ask, that it was to be restocked shortly. We found plenty to fill our plates, although I must say it was not as varied as other buffets I have been too. The food was tasty and hot. The children went up to get puddings which unfortunately were mostly all gone - they got some gateau and a fritter so were happy though!
The staff were very nice to the children, one waiter helped my daughter reach some food at the cart when I had my hands full. The bill came promptly when asked for which was great as we did not have to hang around with the children getting fidgety. The fish pond was a lovely distraction for them. A much improved service to the last time I was there.

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Perfectly adaquate.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

my husband and I visited on a Friday night.
We had duck with pancakes which was good. We then had banana fritters which were also good and we shared.
With 1 and a half beers and 2 white wine spritzers the bill came to £38 inc service.
A bit lacking in atmosphere but otherwise perfectly nice and better than the pretentious expensive nonsense that many of the surrounding pubs have on offer.