“Fabulous Pasta Evening”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Witney, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Pasta Evening”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have been going to Brothertons many times over the past few years. Dimitri always gives a warm welcome. We have Never been disapointed. The food has always been good homemade food, NOT from a packet. Last night (16 January) we went with two friends for a pasta evening, which they hold usually once a month. The pasta dishes were great, six different dishes served buffet style, so one can go back for more, which we did. We all enjoyed it. We each had different deserts. I had panna cotta and my wife had creme brulee (she said the best she's ever tasted) and our friends had strawberry cheesecake and apple crumble, which they both enjoyed. In our opiniion the deserts are really good. I only take 1 glass of wine, so I ask Dimitri what sort he recommends, and he comes back with somnething that is really good, not always the house wine. Thanks again to Dimitri and Dorothy for another great evening.

• Visited January 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Cosy place, a little bit different”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have been visiting this restaurant for almost 20 years. It does not impress me as much as it used to. The staff and friendly and the ambience is congenial. Pleasant decor and location.Most of the food is above average, but, the desserts are ordinary. The rest of the menu is good and prices are OK.

However, the ladies cloakroom is in desperate need of updating, very small and poor. I'm also disappointed that the main feature of the restaurant - the flickering gas-lights on the wall are no longer used. They were the one thing that made this restaurant stand out for me.

After my last visit there I was violently ill for the next 36hrs - but I would still go back there again. I'll just avoid paying a visit to the Ladies.

• Visited December 2012
“Amazing”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Me and my friends have eaten here many times and I think it's amazing serves , food , staff and much more it is not packet food or the dip from the Doritos I personally think the pâté in particularly was fantastic and I alway got asked if I wanted black peppers, balsamic vinegar. If anything was not to my satisfaction dimitri or any staff would always ask me if it was ok if I had a problem I would tell them and I'm sure they would put it right . Dimitri is an excellent owner and he creates a great atmosphere to be in . The steak was the most delicious , juicy Steak I've ever had this restaurant is just perfect for me an ice never be anywhere nice !!!

Oxfordshire
“Packet food”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We visited brothertons for my birthday on Friday and we were really disappointed by the food.
Starters - nacho cheese - great if you love cool Doritos with a sprinkle of cheese. I even think that the accompanying dip was from the Doritos range (hot and spicy?)
Chicken liver pâté - a previous review summed it up. A slab of tub pâté, my words - boring

Mains - taglatia steak - steak and rocket on a plate plastered in black pepper. My husband luckily loves black pepper but he was starving after and bored!
I had chicken wrapped in Italian ham topped with mozzarella and tomato sauce. - the chicken was beautifully cooked but the flavours were so overbearing I just took the faf off and ate te chicken. Again it was plastered in black pepper and unlike my husband I hate the stuff so obviously didn't enjoy it.

The service was good face to face but simple things like we had to ask for balsamic vinegar and we weren't offered any Parmesan. We were sat upstairs through choice and it was lovely but after our starters we were asked if we would like to join the main restaurant to which we declined as we were having a nice time alone. Then a table of 8 we were sat next to us on their Christmas do.

Anyway we got up and walked downstairs to pay rather than waiting to be seen to as my husband was so disappointed. Kind of ruined my birthday experience having rubbish food. We asked for the bill and were presented with a £60 bill having given them a group on voucher when we walked in. We pointed it out and so ended up paying £30 for 2 starters 2 mains and 2 drinks. However to be honest I still thought it was too much for what we were served.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Sarah M
Bicester, oxfordshire
“Very nice place”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We purchased a Groupon voucher recently and went to Brothertons Brasserie for an evening meal. It is a very nice and cosy place, very pleasant service and good location. Menu is quite small but I suppose everyone will find something for themselves. Definitely worth visiting.

• Visited November 2012