“Amazing”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Me and my friends have eaten here many times and I think it's amazing serves , food , staff and much more it is not packet food or the dip from the Doritos I personally think the pâté in particularly was fantastic and I alway got asked if I wanted black peppers, balsamic vinegar. If anything was not to my satisfaction dimitri or any staff would always ask me if it was ok if I had a problem I would tell them and I'm sure they would put it right . Dimitri is an excellent owner and he creates a great atmosphere to be in . The steak was the most delicious , juicy Steak I've ever had this restaurant is just perfect for me an ice never be anywhere nice !!!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We visited brothertons for my birthday on Friday and we were really disappointed by the food.
Starters - nacho cheese - great if you love cool Doritos with a sprinkle of cheese. I even think that the accompanying dip was from the Doritos range (hot and spicy?)
Chicken liver pâté - a previous review summed it up. A slab of tub pâté, my words - boring

Mains - taglatia steak - steak and rocket on a plate plastered in black pepper. My husband luckily loves black pepper but he was starving after and bored!
I had chicken wrapped in Italian ham topped with mozzarella and tomato sauce. - the chicken was beautifully cooked but the flavours were so overbearing I just took the faf off and ate te chicken. Again it was plastered in black pepper and unlike my husband I hate the stuff so obviously didn't enjoy it.

The service was good face to face but simple things like we had to ask for balsamic vinegar and we weren't offered any Parmesan. We were sat upstairs through choice and it was lovely but after our starters we were asked if we would like to join the main restaurant to which we declined as we were having a nice time alone. Then a table of 8 we were sat next to us on their Christmas do.

Anyway we got up and walked downstairs to pay rather than waiting to be seen to as my husband was so disappointed. Kind of ruined my birthday experience having rubbish food. We asked for the bill and were presented with a £60 bill having given them a group on voucher when we walked in. We pointed it out and so ended up paying £30 for 2 starters 2 mains and 2 drinks. However to be honest I still thought it was too much for what we were served.

2  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We purchased a Groupon voucher recently and went to Brothertons Brasserie for an evening meal. It is a very nice and cosy place, very pleasant service and good location. Menu is quite small but I suppose everyone will find something for themselves. Definitely worth visiting.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Like been at home ! no better!!! great frirndly atmosphere, and Dimitri is a fantastic host, helped out in the best way by a great staff .

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Second time at Brothertons proving that the first time was no fluke! Great atmosphere, food is very tasty and the waiters are very attentive and friendly without overdoing it. The menu is not extensive and has a real mix from pizza to Sunday Roast to pork fillets in lemoncello sauce - which was amazing. It is definitely worth a visit - my only critisism is that the ladies toilets are tiny and the hot water is scalding (no mixer taps and no plugs) - easy to fix! I will definitely return.....