“unpleasant experience”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Silk Glove
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I, and another couple purchased a voucher for a 6 course tasting menu at the Silk Glove. I can not fault the food, as it was lovely. However the service in general was very unpleasant. It was wonderful to begin with, the Sommelier was very helpful, and I could not say a negative word about his service. However when we presented our voucher to the head waitress we were questioned whether or not we had made our voucher known at the time of booking - which of course we did! We then were made to feel like it was a burden to process our bill. Then upon leaving, I waited at Reception to pick up my coat, and was completely ignored by the head waitress. She then helped a couple waiting behind me, assisted them to find their coats, helped them put it on, and then left me there on my own - completely unacknowledged and having to rummage through a pile of coats to find mine. In general it was an unpleasant experience, and would not recommend it to anyone. I feel that the quality of service completely changed upon notice of our voucher - which is completely unacceptable. Why offer vouchers if you then make your customers who purchase them feel like trash??

2  Thank Oxford2013

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I took my wife to the Silk Glove, a new Michelin star restaurant in Woodstock, on her birthday, Thursday 06 December. This restaurant is situated in the Bear Hotel and opened on 01 December. We have both eaten at the two Rosette restaurant in the Bear on a few occasions and been very happy, this however was exceptional.
The service was very good, the staff were knowledgeable and attentive and added to this fine dining experience. The menu was very impressive; too many dishes for me to remember, eight I believe, all exquisite, but the venison was my favourite. It was a starter menu at £60 per person or £90 with wines, we took the more expensive option and were very pleased to have done so.
I would highly recommend this new restaurant, fine dining at its best, worth every penny on a special occasion. Many thanks to the chef and also to Rachel and Gareth for making us feel special.

2  Thank 186361Steve