“Will give it another go”

The Blenheim Buttery
Ranked #13 of 32 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our licensed eatery serves delicious home cooked food. Freshly prepared all day full English breakfast, light lunches, delicious cakes and quintessentially Traditional Afternoon Teas.
Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
“Will give it another go”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Popped in for a pot of tea and a cake whilst waiting to attend an event in the Blenheim Literary Festival in town. I perhaps called in at the wrong time of day (late afternoon), as it didn't seem at its best. The interior is very pleasant and full of Cotswold charm, and I sat at a table in the window. Many of the tables hadn't been cleared from the previous customers (including mine) and rather spoilt the overall first impression. Service was fairly prompt - no complaints there. I did seem to be the only customer at the front of the premises, so once I'd had my cuppa I didn't hang around - however, I might have felt differently had other customers been there. Like I say, I think I must have called in at the wrong time of day....so I will give it another try when I'm in Woodstock next.

• Visited September 2012

London, United Kingdom
“A good place for lunch”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had a pleasant lunch in the cafe / restaurant when visiting Woodstock. There's a good choice of hot meals, 'gourmet' sandwiches, paninis on offer. Our selection were made to order and proved delicious. Pleasant service and good value for money.

London, United Kingdom
“Disappointed of north london”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Visited during August '12 - worst most expensive meal ever. Waited 40 minutes for food. Leather beefburger served with chunk of grubby lettuce - no dressing - advertised as 'served with salad'. Real ale rarebit - tasteless and cold. Soup arrived after main course. Comments accepted with a smirk - not even a complimentary coffee. Trading on the fact that tourists do not often return - we certainly will not.

• Visited August 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“"Does what it says on the tin!"”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The right food, service and ambience all at the right price! In a lovely town centre location and surrounded by other good eateries, this restaurant/bar/B&B leads the way in Woodstock in respect of value for money and choice. There was something on the menu to suit each of our party of 5 adults and 5 children at Sunday lunchtime, and without a reservation! Some chose the wonderful all-day breakfast (though I would prefer the sausages to be freshly cooked immediately following the order being made, rather than some time earlier and then heated up before service). This is a minor criticism of an otherwise excellent dish. The sandwich menu was very enticing and what was a common compliment amongst our party was that the menu traversed traditional breakfast, brunch and lunch/dinner selections so that all desires and appetites were catered for. The younger children had a safe outdoor area to play in whilst the adults enjoyed a more leisurely approach to the day. next time we might try some of the local beers that feature on the menu. As we live fairly local to Woodstock, we had no need for the accommodation on offer, but will keep it in mind for our family guests in the future. Well done!

• Visited April 2012
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“breakfast”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Fantastic breakfast with good service , stayed at the Bear but had breakfast here , right next door and half the price . Great locally sourced food cooked perfectly.Would recommend

Visited March 2012