“Very nice”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Setting is very nice maybe one of the best in oxford food was also very nice but a little overpriced and small.Service was very good though would go again if I was in the area

2  Thank 529Lee1984

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Went here on a Saturday after reading the reviews on here. We booked earlier in the day - it was busy by 8.30pm, so glad we did. Meal was very good. We both chose house specials and they were delicious. The poppadoms were expensive £1.95 for one plus dips. However the final bill was reasonable. A place to try.

3  Thank kathKmidlands
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a very nice meal at the Spice Lounge. There were 6 in our party. Excellent food, and great service, attentive without hovering. About average prices. I would go back again.

3  Thank Mendip_Man_10
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Interesting place. Service very good. Attentive without hovering. Food for my palate was properly spiced. In 'that London' I do find meat cooked plus sauce afterwards. Here it was beautifully cooked from fresh, meat and herbs together. I know, I am from Leicester.

Caught out by the 'Poppadoms' sir? routine. There weren't many but as I thought they were free I didn't challenge, great dips . . . .free up here in the North.

If they appear with a spray gun though after your main course, stop them. They will clean the table and the spray gets right up your nose. They want it to look good but have missed the fact that the smell might detract from dessert. It drove us off pronto.

Prices high for me, but you might be wealthy. My undergraduate could have lived off the interest. Oxford is a little high cost generally. Service not included. Spray meant no pay for me.

I'd recommend strongly and if we can all try to get them out of their 'habits' for the future it will be top notch.

2  Thank mingthemeciless
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been to Spice Lounge many times. My grandparents love it so I get dragged there. It's very average. Neither good nor bad. The food is very geared to the western pallet and so I find it very bland. The restaurant is very small and boring to look and it really lacks atmosphere. It tries to be modern I think but just lacks character. The service it quite good and friendly and if you're not happy they will change things for you. if it was up to me I'd never go again.

1  Thank winkywonk