“Lovely pub on outskirts of Oxford”
Review of The Trout Inn

The Trout Inn
Ranked #118 of 629 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub on outskirts of Oxford”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Really enjoyed our meal here at the Trout. We made a last minute booking and were seated at a cramped little table for 2, but the rest of the pub was packed, so I felt lucky to have been seated at all. The meal was delicious and the service was perfect. We visited on a drizzly day, so couldn't enjoy the outdoor area - would love to come back for this.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
“TERRIBLE FOOD! INCONSIDERATE SERVICE! WELL OVERPRICED!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I went there yesterday to try comforting my friend after her terrible loss. We experienced tactless service and bad food. Our starter and main were both awful. We should have left after the disappointing starter..we stayed however hopeing for an edible main. After an hour wait we expected to receive a fresh and tasteful main course. We both ordered red mullet white sauce linguini and we both agreed that it was overcoked, dry and cold(I believe it rested under uv lamps too long:(). We left 80% of the main course on our plates and the waitress still asked if we have enjoyed our meals!?! As you can imagine- we did not! Furthermore, please note that few of my family members have visited this place recently and share my feedback. Please, don't waste your money on food, enjoy drinks and nice country setting...

2 Thank SylviaL32
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Couldn't Fault It”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I went here with some work colleagues for an evening meal; we asked for an outside table and waited a mere 30 minutes before being shown to our table by a very pleasant waiter. Thursday is steak night, we all ordered different steaks which all arrived at the same time each beautifully cooked to our individual requirements. Great location. Couldn't fault it.

Amsterdam
“A great disappointment”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I had lunch on 17 August 2013 at the Trout with two close friends. Lovely setting and nice atmosphere in the bar and restuarant areas. Unfortunately the staff looked bemused and very stressed. No smiling faces or courteous exchanges. They served luke warm coffee in a clumsy manner and provided misinformation about the menu. They presented as pleasant but inexperienced in their roles. We ordered four different courses and all were of poor quality and quite tasteless. We sent back some disgraceful chips only to be represented with identical ones moments later. The food was of low grade transport cafe quality and simply disgraceful. The manageress was very engaging when we expressed our dissatisfaction and after we declined free desserts she reduced the bill by 50%. It was quite simply the worse meal my wife and I can recall being served in the UK.

2 Thank Michael W
Vevey
“Poor service”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

A real disappointment! The food was average but the service was ambivalent and rude! I wouldn't go back again! Don't recommend anyone to dine there!

Visited August 2013