“Nice evening”
Review of Joe's Bar & Grill

Joe's Bar & Grill
Ranked #76 of 634 Restaurants in Oxford
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Joe's Bar & Grill - open everyday for Breakfast & Brunch, Great value lunch from £5, Cocktails and Dinner...Live Music every Thursday evening, Burger Club on Tuesdays £10, Fish n Chip night on Wednesdays. Relaxed vibe, friendly service and honest food, from our famous burgers, steaks, grills salads and pasta. Children's menu / high chairs available.
“Nice evening”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

My mum sister and I went to Joe's last night. We specifically went early to take advantage of happy hour on cocktails. Which is 5pm to 7pm everyday. We had booked a table. We arrived at 5.30pm and there weren't many people in there. We were going to be seated at the back but asked if we could move the a booth seat T the front of house and the waiter Didn't seen to mind. One thing about joes that I like us that they don't rush you and you don't have a time limit in the table unless its Xmas (see an earlier review). We had three cocktails each. I tried a classic, Bellini and a kit royal of which the nicest was the classic. Mum stuck to those and my sister had a gingerbread man an appletini and a lady marmalade. The latter being her favourite at £4 each that seems fair. I don't think I would pay the full price of £7 as the martini particularly are very small. We had olives and cashews as a snack and these were reasonably sized portions. Olives in joes are huge and yummy
Later in we ordered some food and a bottle if house white. We thought the wine very nice for £12. mum said her fish and chips were lovely. I had sneak and Jo a chicken salad and it was all very nicely done. Chunky chips were cooked to perfection.
Overall we had a really pleasant evening we arrived at 5.30 and left at 9pm. We weren't rushed and the drinks came at a timely fashion. I have been to joes in previous occasions and it has been hit and miss last night was not. My only gripe us that the food is fairly expensive for what you get everything is extra if you want veg etc. we really enjoyed ourselves and will be back.

• Visited September 2013

“Lunch”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Great food and attentive service - really nice to find a family friendly weekend eating destination!

Oxfordshire
“Trying in more ways than one!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Went here with friends and 4 children.

One of my kids asked for a milkshake...I didn't hear her do so. Waitress confirmed " we are trying not to do those tonight..." ,

...?

Well take them of the menu. That way you will never have to do them,

Food mediocre. Service poor. Portions small.

Wouldn't rush back.

“Disappointing menu changes”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I love going to Joes and have been a regular visitor for brunch over the years. I went in last week and was taken aback by the fact the big breakfast has been changed. You now get bacon, sausage, egg and toast but no beans, tomato or mushrooms. I have never had an English breakfast before which doesn't include one or more of these. They were available for extra cost which seemed ridiculous. Given the price that they charge I hope the menu will be altered in the future.

Oxford
“Food is ok, drinks, service and atmosphere better”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went for a mid-week meal and the menu was a little unimaginative. Thankfully the staff and service was so great that we were able to tweak our menu options. The food was ok, nothing to shout about.

The bar is lovely and has a great atmosphere even on a quiet mid-week night. Would definitely recommend this place for drinks.

Visited January 2013