“A slice of Greece”

Manos
Ranked #196 of 629 Restaurants in Oxford
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: In our Delicatessen/Cafe we make fresh Greek foods and sweets to take away or eat in, daily. We offer catering for parties/events. Weather permiting we have a garden with vines. We use local ingredients as well as Greek imported ingredients.
“A slice of Greece”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

It's like the Greek version f a sandwich shop but better. From gyros to spanakopita have a light meal with a mythos with some friends and you're sorted. The seats aren't wildly comfortable though...

Visited March 2014

“Very nice food”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We visited on a weekday for a late lunch using a groupon voucher. The restaurant was quiet,understandable for the time of our visit, and we were given a warm and friendly greeting. We were given the choice of eating inside or out and opted to go in the garden. This was pleasant and would be lovely in the summer. It would have been more welcoming if the tables had been wiped after the last users. However the service and food were first class with suggestions about choices.The included glass of wine was good and service was quick but not rushed. Overall a very pleasant visit and we are likely to return later in the year.

“Nice evening”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My friend and I visited on a Thursday evening on a groupon voucher. Although the staff were very busy with a party downstairs, we found them to be very friendly and efficient. We shared humus and stuffed peppers to start, we both had chicken souvlaki for main course, all of which was tasty and extremely filling. Our offer also came with a free glass of wine which was so nice, I had a second glass. We finished off with a coffee and had a very pleasant evening.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

All tables were piled up with plates etc. , the food served was not warm and the value has to be regarded as poor. The service was not friendly and extensively slow. I would expect for a restaurant with the Trip advisor sign on the door to be consistently performing. Disappointing experience and was close to ask for the manager.

1 Thank Christoph R
Manos V, Owner at Manos, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Sorry that you felt you had a bad experience. I have never advertised that I'm a restaurant anywhere and therefore don't operate as one!
If as you said you almost would have asked for a manager, I question why you didn't? Maybe you actually had nothing to complain about. I for sure if I need to complain I first and foremost let the establishment know! It's the correct procedure.
As for being on Trip Advisor, I didn't put my shop on, members of TA did, AND if you need to relying a web site to be able to eat, I wonder how out of all the amazing food places there are in this magnificent town a kebab van is in the top 10 selling processed pressed meats!

When using sites as this, you should take reviews with a SHOVEL full of salt.

We are not mass producing foods like chains and if we are overwhelmed small errors happen.

Please rethink how you use sites and learn more about food places....restaurants, take aways, vans, cafés etc are all different in service.
Oxford, UK
“Healthy, Cheap Eats”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great place to stop in for lunch or a pre movie dinner. Food is served quickly and if you are in a group, it is easy to pay individually as you just go up to the till to order what you want and pay. the restaurant itself is very simple and fairly plain setting. The food is consistently good- served up generous portions and delicious Food. The hummus is second to none and also highly recommend the spanakopita and gigantes beans. Mains are somewhere between £6-10. All in all, a great place if you are looking for a nice meal without the frills of a fancier setting.