“top quality pizzeria”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mamma Mia Pizzeria

Mamma Mia Pizzeria
Ranked #31 of 625 Restaurants in Oxford
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fresh Hand Made Pizza Since 1981....Great Pasta a& Antipasto too!
United Kingdom
“top quality pizzeria”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Very good service, efficient and speedy. Pizza's and pasta dishes were delicious, authentic, fresh tasty ingredients. Good choice of desserts and very enjoyable. Child friendly restaurant, air-con inside kept things cool on a hot day. Overall best Italian in Oxford.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Highlander1518

“Miserable waiting staff”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Visited today for lunch after being a regular at Portabello for more than 10 years. A very interesting experience.

Wife asked for a table of five a few minutes before the kitchen closed. Said that the waitress pulled a face when she saw them. I arrived 5 minutes later as I had to find parking and went in and ordered my Pizza.

We wanted to sit outside as it was 30C but the sun was on the children and as only 2 other tables in use asked if we could move the tables. This was met with complete indifference and the waitress said whatever. Another customer kindly said that they were leaving and after they finished we managed to move out of the sun whilst still remaining outside.

Food was delivered quickly and was of a good standard.

There seemed to be no management, and no customer care as per previous comments. Sebastian runs a great restaurant next door and will not be returning to Mama Mia. A real shame as the kitchen staff are doing a great job. Recommendation: Get waiting staff who do not scowl at there customers!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Simon M
Oxford, United Kingdom
“...................MAGNIFICO...................”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Well I must say, this was a great find. We are from the Wiltshire area and wanted to find a nice italian restaurant in oxford and we definitely found what we were looking for.
We started of with a selection of starters for 5 of us, with the vegetarian anti-pasti board, goats cheese, garlic bread with mozzarella and a bread and olive selection, all was fantastic and had great flavour.

Main courses...... The salmon pasta dish, chicken and mushroom tagliatelle, puttanesca and two sizeable pizzas. My pasta (chicken and mushroom) was one of the best pasta dishes I have had! I come from an italian background and my relatives are in the italian restaurant business, and I can say...this was great. Finished our lunch with a limoncello and a affogato. It was to die for!

Pricing was not to bad given the quality of the food, was more than happy to pay the price I did for what we had. Very good quality!

The staff were lovely and helpful, deserved a tip!

All in all. A great place to eat for good food and a lovely environment! If I'm in the area again I will be visiting, also will be recommending!

1 Thank CJG1995
Charlottenlund, Copenhagen, Denmark
“children friendly”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

went here for a quick dinner….my son at the age of 4 loved it and wanted to eat there every night……good value for money and good service

Visited July 2014
Singapore River, Singapore
“Good for typical italian dishes, don't expect salads!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Lovely pizza's and located down a quiet road in Summertown. The pasta and meat dishes are also lovely and priced decently! The only downside is that there are no salads available which is unfortunate. There is nice outside seating, the service is quick and staff are friendly. Takeaway is available although delivery is not. Staff are flexible for picky eaters, i.e. I was able to 'create' my own pizza for no additional price removing cheese and replacing it with an additional topping. My family stay quite close to the pizzeria so we are frequent visitors. I would definitely recommend for a good priced catch up with friends- albeit not an incredibly healthy one.

Visited June 2014