“Awesome food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moya

Moya
Ranked #28 of 622 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Eastern European, Central European, European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Great food, never had slovakian food before. Really enjoyed the apricot dumplings

south yorks
“Deserves the number 1 rating!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

We visited Moya last week (twice!) during a stay in Oxford. The restaurant is bright and airy though quite small, with a cocktail bar area at the front. The staff are very friendly and the service was spot on. Would definitely recommend the Devil's Toast and Pork Shank. Everything was cooked to perfection and presented beautifully. The second visit was to try out the dessert menu as we were to full to indulge after our first meal! The Apricot Knedle with butter and poppyseed sauce was worth the return visit, as was the delicious Pomegranate Cosmopolitan!

2 Thank kron100
Oxford, United Kingdom
“As described on trip advisor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

My aim this year was to visit a few good restaurants in Oxford. I can comfortably say Moya was the best meal I have had this year. What they serve is very simple but extremely effective at a reasonable price of £20 all up (which includes starters, main and a drink). So thanks Moya and Trip Advisor for a great recommendation.

2 Thank Sam H
Cheshire
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

We had a delicious, well served meal with some tasty pink fizz - I wish we lived near enough to go more often! Not the most attractive restaurant from the outside - it is well worth venturing inside to sample the food. Fishcake, "devil's toast," sea bass and duck all highly recommended.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank MarkCheshire
Oxford, UK
“Reasonably good home cooking at reasonable prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Went to Moya last night. Atmosphere is pleasant, the surroundings are light and airy, wooden tables and floorboards. I had the starter from the specials board - deep fried cauliflower with Slovakian-style vegetables in mayonnaise (what I've always known as Russian salad). To follow I had the Bean goulash (OH had the meat version). Mine came with miniature dumpling type pasta shapes, his with saute potatoes, and we had a dish of sweet cabbage with caraway seeds. The goulash was well cooked, plates were quite large, but the portions weren't very big. Cabbage had been sweetened over-much for his liking, so I ate it all, which bulked up my goulash. We both ate all our food, and the bill was very reasonable. However, what I would say about it is that it's more like going to a Slovakian friend's house and having his mother's cooking - quite ok, and interesting to try, but not really great. I felt I could have cooked it rather better myself (and indeed I do cook the cabbage dish rather better). I wouldn't want to put you off going, it's ok food, prices ok, service friendly, nice atmosphere - but don't expect fine dining, or a "wow" experience, because it's not. I came home afterwards and felt like having something else to eat.

• 3 of 5 bubbles