“Best fast service with politely waitress”

Red Star Noodle Bar
Ranked #192 of 686 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We went to eat, as this is our first time at this restaurant. We were asking a waitress to suggest what is the best food for ordering. Very polite waitress has chosen bento boxes which for us are the best Japanese food we ever had. We will come back to try other food.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were in and out of Red Star within twenty minutes. There's a huge selection of food, and the waitress kindly pointed out a meal deal I could take advantage of. After ordering we only waited about two minutes for our food to come to the table, piping hot and fresh. The food was delicious and I'd love to go back and try the rest of the menu!

2  Thank Emily W
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I walked in today at about 2.25pm, being conscious that lunch time might have been over, I asked if the restaurant was still open and got a reply "YES". After sitting down I was told I should really try to order quickly as the restaurant was already closed. Not a big fan of mixed messages so that wasn't a great start. Anyway, I ordered a Korean Beef Set, and I think that was probably the worst Korean food I ever had. There were mint leaves in my Elderflower Presse. I don't think I am in a hurry to go back.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my friend, we had the most disgusting meal I have ever had. I ordered the food and it arrived at my table within 3 minutes - what a fast chef!! It was bland and tasted awful, and looked like food you would never want to eat. We did not consume this and quickly left - I would definitely NOT recommend this. What a waste of money!!!!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is round the corner from me and is dangerous as it's cheap, quick and tasty... I know the menu well *shame* and my favs are: chicken katsu curry, chilli beef ramen or the veggie version, duck and pineapple fried rice, pad thai, sweet chilli vegatable udon noodles(v), ma po tofu rice (spicy-v), chilli and garlic chips, smoked chicken and the seaweed duck rolls would be up there with one of my best foods. I have tested a lot of the other dishes but I find the above tend to be more consistent in quality and taste. There are some dishes that can be a bit of a gamble but still tend to be tasty. Lunch for 6 pound with a drink is a good deal (12-2.30). Super fast service, you order and you're eating withing 5-10 minutes. If friends visit, they all want to re-visit Red Star. Overall, love the place.