“Wonderful lunch!”

Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This restaurant was very busy, but we had booked ahead and so were seated very promptly. The service was efficient and the food was delicious. Great for good food, but too noisy for atmosphere. We were a party of five. I think that couples would find it a bit too busy. We all agreed that we would visit again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,809)

Reviewed December 7, 2013

What a great place to have lunch, but you'll certainly have to pre-book, because many were turned away without reservations. The prix-fixe at about £11/head for three courses is incredibly good value for money. All the food was nicely presented and cooked by amiable and efficient staff. It was authentic French cooking using relatively simple ingredients. The wine was slightly overpriced, but who cares when you get such good service and food for a very affordable price.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Dinner for five, we all had the 2-course meals, which included a soup (I had the courgette soup) and main (I had the duck). The food was delicious and the service was pretty good. Everyone seemed generally pleased with their meals. I would recommend it, though it can get crowded/cramped and noisy on occasion.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

A very nice Saturday lunch, a perfect respite from Christmas shopping. I agree with the previous reviewer who said that it was better than prix fixee meals in France. Good food with friendly service at a reasonable price. We were downstairs which felt quite cramped

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My partner and i had a delicious 2 course lunch at this cosy eaterie. It was cold outside but the place warmed us with its relaxed and unpretentious atmosphere. For £8.95 for two course or £10.95 for three courses the food served far exceeded my expectations. I've eaten in countless French pre-fix eateries in La Vendee and Brittany but seldom have i eaten food of this calibre for the prices above. Its not fine dining but its well seasoned, well sourced, and well presented fayre. Several choices for each course, smiling and helpful staff. Can heartily recommend and will return.

2  Thank princecharming77