“Very Nice”

Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My partner and I had lunch at this Bistro recently. Highly recommend and we will return. The atmosphere was plesent. Service was good. The food was delishous.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,929)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Been here about 4 times and intend to return. I particularly like the atmosphere and the service. This is a French restaurant with a warm and cosy atmosphere and excellent service, despite the fact that it is always pretty full. The food is very good, not excellent, and good value. I normally spend around £30 for 2 courses with wine.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We had a family meal here on a Saturday lunchtime and had a very nice time. We were on the large circular table near the door and enjoyed great service from the manager.

The food it self is great. It's by no means the nicest food in Oxford but you'd be hard-pressed to find better for the same price. The menu is small yet nicely varied. I ate Moules Marinere and whilst the mussels and sauce were delicious unfortunately the fries went cold pretty quickly.

The wine here is fantastic and was probably the highlight of the meal. We had a bottle of the Italian Pinot Grigio rose and a bottle of the New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc white. Both were delicious.

I would and have recommended this place to others if you're looking for good and reasonably priced food in central Oxford and you want a casual and relaxed atmosphere.

I can also recommend the cocktail bar next door that has a happy hour at 5pm, perfect place to wind down after a nice meal.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have been there with 3 female friends for my B-day. The food was nice, a bit expensive and the portions were a bit small for my taste.

I chose 4 stars not for the portion but because my friend asked for a glass of wine and she was served with a just bit larger glass than a shot glass.

1  Thank AleOxford
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Booked on the off-chance as a result of the tripadvisor rating and very glad we did. Food is fairly simple in concept but very well executed, especially considering how busy the place was. They offer some slightly alternative choices too, like rabbit.

Service was great - friendly and very helpful.

Considering we had two bottles of wine and three courses each, we only paid £60 per couple. What a deal! Especially in the centre of Oxford.