“2nd choice turned out to be superb!”

Bella Italia Oxford
Ranked #125 of 649 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In Italy, life's best moments are spent sharing food & joy with loved ones. Bella Italia brings a true taste of Italy with a fresh & tasty menu, perfect for big appetites & creating even bigger smiles
Reviewed June 26, 2013

When advised it would be at least 45 minutes to get a table at another well known restaurant just down the street we decided to give BELLA ITALIA a try. It was a good decision!
We got a table at once. Staff are really friendly. Nice atmosphere. Service was great.
And last but not least the meal was brilliant!
We started with the Pizza garlic and gorgonzola bread. Light and crispy with a delicious flavour, washed down with a tasty Sauv Blanc. This was followed by an individual Lasagne Al Forno. Which was sublime. My partner had a Margherita pizza with extra Pepperoni. Described as 'delicious'! Looking around the restaurant other dinners dishes looked good as well.
If your looking for an Italian on George St, you won't go far wrong here!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went to Bela Italia on 21st June for a friends birthday and really liked the food. I choose a chicken and pasta bake which was cooked really well and a Lemon Cheesecake which was very nice. The service was good and price reasonable. We also had Martini Cocktails which were on offer.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We tried this small establishment by coincident , after we wanted to try other Italian restaurants but all were full and we did not have a reservation , so we found a table for six in Bella Italia and unexpectedly every plate we ordered was just wonderful , having starters from bruscheta and another dip with bread and baked cheese and canneloni and 3 different types of pizza inaddition to the salad and all were just delicious . Staff named Clara was very nice and proffesional by giving helpfully recommendations . It was a lovely evening we would come back

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Aside from the noise (but EVERY restaurant in Oxford is noisy, I am finding) our dinner tonight at Bella Italia was wonderful in every way! Delicious, and even though the service was a little slow, we didn't mind, since the restaurant was packed when we walked in...and I had a view of the street and I love to people watch in Oxford...very entertaining :) We were well taken care of and enjoyed our meals tremendously. I don't know why some of the TA ratings are so low and people are so critical of Bella Italia...makes no sens--but I guess its all subjective. My daughter, who has lived in Oxford for 3 years going to school, eats here all the time and it has been consistently good. Thank you, Bella Italia!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Hungry from shopping in Oxford we looked around George Street for a Restaurant, Bella Italia caught our eyes (formerly Sweeney Todds for those with a long memory). Menu looked good, we were seated and I spotted a set menu at £9.95 for two courses. Problem it was 16.30 and the offer started at 17.00, spoke to the waitress no problem! Crab Pate, Mushroom & white wine Bruschetta starters, chicken & pasta, Chicken breast, tomato sauce and potato's. My wife described it all as delicious and I could only agree. Served by friendly staff and promptly, I'm sure it will feature as an excellent end to future shopping trips!