“So good we went twice !!!”
Review of Chiang Mai Kitchen

Chiang Mai Kitchen
Ranked #49 of 680 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Just spent weekend in Oxford and stumbled on this little gem. Food is fantastic and great value - so good that we went back the next night.

Stunning location and old building.

Make sure you book as it gets busy.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Poor service and food simply piled up on the table.

Food was tasty well spiced and flavoured, however I don't think the food matched the price tag which I thought for a 2 course casual family lunch without booze would be good value, simply it wasn't.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had our staff Christmas lunch here in 17 December and we had a lovely time. The food was delivered quickly and efficiently and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. There was plenty of food for all and the special vegetarian options were very well received.
Margaret especially was very helpful and I cannot praise her highly enough

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This place never fails to please. From friendly, attentive service to delicious authentic Thai food and warm, relaxed atmosphere, it's a winner. The lunch menu is good value and the service is speedy. The dinner menu is excellent, too. I've been coming here for years and the food is always consistently good quality and tasty. I also highly recommend the aromatic, visually stunning new Flora Tea. Best place for Thai food in Oxford!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This intimate restaurant is hidden away just off Oxford High Street, and is a great find.

There are a wide range of choices on the menu, with dishes well explained and spice levels clearly marked.

My gf had a vegetable soup, which was filling and delicious, whilst my mother and I shared two beef dishes, with noodles. The flavours were simply fantastic. Every mouthful was to be savoured, from the meat , to the sauce, to the mushrooms. Even the 'plain noodles' were incredibly tasty.

Service was unobtrusive but very efficient, and staff were polite. The two small rooms that make up the restaurant make it an intimate location, yet good acoustics and layout ensure this never transgresses into others disturbing your meal.

We had two courses and drinks, which came to about £20/person including service charge.

Would recommend and will return.

2  Thank DBGraves