“Excellent Thai Food in Oxford”
Review of Chiang Mai Kitchen

Chiang Mai Kitchen
Ranked #49 of 674 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is my favourite Thai food restaurant in Oxford. The lunch menu is a bargain and the ambiance is perfect.

Hidden down a small winding lane, tucked in between buildings is this little gem. Its in a listed building so it is a bit cramped but for me it just adds to the charm.

If Thai food is your thing and you are in Oxford be sure to book a table, cant go wrong.

1  Thank Mukser

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went with my wife and I for her birthday and as people from out of town, we didn't know what to expect apart from fellow trip advisor reviews.

We loved every moment of our evening, great attentive service even though every table was almost full. The food was delicious and better than we had probably had at any other Thai in the uk.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend though do suggest you book just in case as the place isn't huge at all.

Well done to the staff and chefs and everyone there.

1  Thank Mikerobinson68
Reviewed September 27, 2013

OK..this business trip, I was in Oxford for 3 days...The first night I got take-away and had dinner in my room...the pad thai was delicious and the beef satay was so hot, dripping with sauce...all the extras were packed wonderfully and after only being there once before about a year ago, I was greeted with a smile....

Just a few days later when there was a large group of us, I suggested to go back to Chiang Mai and everyone agreed..this time round was even better because of allt he different orders I got to try many new dishes I'd not experienced...

It was fantastic!!!!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We had a meal here this month on the spur of the moment after consulting tripadvisor for a local Thai restaurant.

We were told there was a hour wait to sit upstairs (the restaurant is split over multiple levels with the kitchen on the ground floor), but could sit downstairs if we liked. We opted to sit downstairs. Despite it being 18:30ish the place was packed which we took to be a good sign.

The downstairs is furnished well, although the tables are cramped together. The same was true of upstairs (the restaurant is quite small).

The menu is extensive and we choose a number of dishes which we would then share amongst us. The food arrived quickly and was absolutely excellent. Not expensive and really really flavoursome.

It is obviously popular as we saw a queue reaching out of the door on at least three occasions whilst we were there.

The staff were the only let down, they are obviously busy, but no-one did anything or acted in a way where we felt "valued". I would like to think this was a one off as they had a booking of 16 people to deal with, but it kind of shot negativity into what would of otherwise been a fantastic evening.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

During a short break in Oxford we found Chiang Mai by accident after almost walking by the 'passage'. We were able to get a table on spec and had one of the best Thai meals ever. Good service and superb cuisine. We had to go back for more - twice! Best to book particularly for groups of 4+.