“Merits a second time!”
Review of Cibo! - CLOSED

Cibo!
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Very friendly staff and all in all good food. I had the calamari and risotto selvatici. The former had a flavourful batter, but unfortunately lacked the crunch I was looking for. The risotto selvatici didn't have any taste of truffle as was written in the menu, and seasoning was a bit overdone - too peppery and a bit too salty (I guess it was the stock). However, it is evident that the ingredients used were very fresh, and the texture of the risotto was very well done. My friend had a canelloni with funghi - THAT was very delicious. Cibo! is has a nice environ and I like the vibe it carries - I'd like to give it a second try and have the steak and maybe a pizza - they sound more promising than what I had.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Cibo should be a great local restaurant. It has a nice, airy room, a good position in Summertown, and the kitchen is open plan. But the food and service are rather disappointing. The pizzas are not as good as chain restaurant equivalents, with skimpy toppings and tough, chewy crusts. The salads one night this week were really a disgrace: worn out leaves, an acidic, unpleasant dressing. The prawn and veg tempura was just horrible: greasy, with miserable little shrimps, and an excess of batter. You can do much better nearby.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Called in for an early dinner with my 2 13yr olds..... My son ordered the rib-eye steak with bacon & mushroom sauce served with French fries...... Absolutely fabulous, very generous portion, full of flavour and melt in the mouth....... Too many French fries for him to finish (a first!!) my daughter had the bream with squid ink risotto - beautifully presented and delicious, I had a starter portion of mushroom risotto which was good - (though prefer it a little more creamy if I was being picky)
I had a glass of Viognier and my son had fresh orange with a splash of lemonade, £2.99 which he loved my daughter apple juice, which was not the best quality and at £1.99 could have been better... But generally, a lovely quick dinner with good service...... Thanks x

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Highly recommend this great gem of a restaurant. Beautifully presented and a taste to match. Will definitely be going back. For a taste of real Italy, this is it!

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Love everything about the place. Great service and food. No need for a long review as everything is excellent. 10 minute walk from my house!