“Enjoyable evening”
Review of Cibo! - CLOSED

Cibo!
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We enjoyed our trip to Cibo - the service was friendly without being over fussy. My husband loved his lobster ravioli while I had a goats cheese pizza and salad - delicious. If you like dessert wine, the second option was very fragrant and went well with affrograto (ice cream drowned in espresso). Prices were at the slightly higher end, but no complaints. Would recommend Cibo.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We arranged a family lunch here in January. The staff were very helpful and friendly without being pushy and the food was delicious. They do children's portions too. It was one of our party's birthday and the waiter took the cake we'd made (we did check with them beforehand that is was ok to bring a cake), lit the candles and brought it to the table. Then they cut it for us.
Good value for excellent food and great for family groups of all ages.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We ate at Cibo! for a spontaneous Sunday lunch as a group of 7 plus baby. The menu is quite broad and I had a delicious pollo piccante which was beautifully cooked. The kids menu items were nicely presented and reasonable value but the other adult dishes (pizzas, a pasta dish and a seafood risotto) were slightly bland and did not really live up to the pricing. With some shared starters and soft drinks, this came in at c £20 a head including the 3 children and it really wasn't worth that. Staff and service were fine and decor/atmosphere were attractive.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I must say that I haven't found any very good place where you can eat a real italian meal.
This is because the ingredients are different and a real italian meal can take even a few days to be prepared.
Having said that, "CIbo" is a lovely place where to go. Friendly staff, quick service, clean and in a good location where you can find some "life" even after 8 pm (little polemic to the UK lifestyle).
The restaurant offers a variety of italian dishes that I have not found anywhere else in Oxford so far.
The quality of the food is good and I recommend this restaurant, although I want to make clear that you cannot think that in Italy we eat like that....but the "Cibo" staff try hard and this deserve a medal.
Just to make sure you do not think this is a negative review, I will go back.
Buon appetito

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Took my first trip to Cibo! in south parade and would definitely recommend! I love Italian and they had a great pumpkin ravioli for us veggies. The restaurant was quite busy (glad I booked) but had a great atmosphere. The staff were very polite and the food was served quickly and presented well. The food tasted amazing and would highly recommend it to anyone in or visiting Oxford- I shall certainly be going back soon.