“Fantastic Birthday Meal”

Annora
Ranked #348 of 680 Restaurants in Oxford
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Offering a chic restaurant and bar, The Tree Hotel in the leafy village of Iffley in Oxford serves continental, Thai and Indian delicacies, as well as magnificent buffet selections. A Sunday lunch buffet showcases a range from across the continents, serving a traditional carvery alongside vibrant international choices. With a warm and friendly ambience, this tranquil Oxfordshire restaurant also offers a decked area for al fresco dining. All dishes in this Oxfordshire fusion restaurant are created to order, using the freshest ingredients from the best local suppliers. An affable mixed crowd adds to The Tree's eclectic charm. For a special occasion, The Tree Hotel Oxford can be booked for private events, and ample parking is available.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We found this restaurant through Tastecard which is accepted here so you not only get fabulous food but you also get a discounted price.
We had fish cakes and chicken tikka for our starters-very generous portions then I had lamb railway curry and my husband had steak which was cooked to perfection.
The lamb in my curry melted in my mouth,it was just wonderful.
We were unable to manage dessert!
Service was excellent,we're just disappointed that we live too far away to go more often.
They have a great range of dishes and everything is freshly cooked.

OxfordKaushik, Manager at Annora, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad you had a fantastic evening and enjoyed your birthday celebration. I appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a regular for us and the food is of a consistently very high standard. We are never in a hurry when we eat here as everything is freshly cooked so sometimes can take a little longer to cook. Unable to make my mind up, Namit (or Tiger) recommended a special curry and it was absolutely delicious! This is such a lovely place to eat, nothing is too much trouble and the staff are all friendly and fantastic. I don't think we'll ever tire of eating here.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to see you and to be of service to you. I am glad that you enjoy our cuisine and our service.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

After eating Indian in Annora, can't be satisfied with it in any other Indian restaurants in the area. Fabulous food and outstanding service every time I come here. Extensive mix of Indian, Thai and English roast during Sunday lunch is infinite pleasure and perfect value for money. I recommend coming here for exceptionally delicious food and homely atmosphere

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am glad you enjoyed our service, cuisine and selection at our Sunday Buffet. I appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Have eaten lunch, dinner and the Sunday buffet at this lovely restaurant in Iffley and having finally joined TripAdvisor decided to finally post a review.
Overall the food is the key selling point with exquisite Indian food complemented by very good Thai and English food. The service is always friendly and the outdoor area is a great place to have a drink during the few summer months we get.
The restaurant is kept separate from the pub/bar area in terms of layout and decor but you can have the same food in both.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We ate here on Mothering Sunday - me, my husband and our fussy 3 year old. Despite my initial concerns that we'd be in for a stressful experience, as is usual with my 3 year old. However, having booked for the early lunchtime sitting, we were able to take our time deciding which of the delicious dishes we'd try first. With all the pressure of having to eat what was given to him removed, my son was excited about trying different dishes. Result? A relaxed, enjoyable meal all round, with the little man trying and enjoying the delicious Indian and English cuisine.

Service was attentive without being overbearing; atmosphere relaxed; setting couldn't be faulted - close to the Thames to walk off lunch; price - great value for money.

All in all, a fab experience, which I hope to make a regular occurrence. Thank you to everyone at The Tree and Annora.

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am so pleased to read that Mothering Sunday was a delightful experience for you at our restaurant. I know restaurants sometimes get sloppy when it gets too busy, so it gives me immense pleasure to read that you had a good experience.