The Parsonage Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Parsonage Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 673 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ranked as the one of the best hotels in Oxford, the 17th century Old Parsonage Hotel and Parsonage Grill is situated in the heart of this historic city at the end of the beautiful boulevard St Giles. It is a couple of minutes walk from the Ashmolean & surrounded by some of Oxford's best restaurants & bars. The refurbishment early 2014 saw the addition of five bedrooms & a specially curated first floor library with terrace. Bedrooms & suites, 35 in all, are individually designed with marble bathrooms. The new-look Grill, Bar & Pike Room, retain their intimate, bohemian, clubby atmosphere, serving British classic dishes with a light, modern touch. The restaurant & terrace are open all day, enjoy our famous afternoon teas in the company of Oxford's academic & literary luminaries.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Some people may be put off by the 'gentleman's club' like environment, but don't! It is one of the most welcoming environments I have ever eaten in. I have been here several times, from lunch to dinner to drinks. The service is always impeccable and the food quality is British to the end, I highly recommend going in winter when the fire is lit and creating an atmospheric aroma!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a champagne afternoon tea which was very good. Not being a tea person I ordered coffee.

To my shock I was charged an additional £2.95 for the coffee. When spending £22.95 per head I thought this was disgusting as it is only hot water and beans surely the same as hot water and leaves.

Coffee drinkers beware!!!!

Staff lovely ambience cosy.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I ate here twice during a recent visit to Oxford, and both lunch and dinner were excellent. The setting and service were both superb. The restaurant serves a small inn not far from the centre of Oxford, so it is very convenient--as well as attractive and with delicious food. This has got to be at the top of ones list for fine dining in Oxford. And good value as well.

1  Thank RHSII
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We enjoyed our breakfasts at Old Parsonage. Smoked salmon, bread and fruit on the basic menu was delicious, as well as a pot of tea. My husband enjoyed a full English breakfast.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were in Oxford for the day and went to have tea at the Old Parsonage Hotel. the atmosphere is very pleasant, tea was good, but we waited a bit for our food, and I thought the portions were very small. There were three of us for tea, and orginally they brought out our tray with two small scones on it. I told the waiter and he got us more scones, this time he brought six out. The desserts were very small, just no larger than small bites - I have had tea many times and I can say these were the smallest portions I have ever had. The food was very good though, I just wish there was a bit more of it. The tea was 16.50 pounds per person.