“Very good food and value”
Review of Brasserie Blanc

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #16 of 634 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This was our first Brasserie Blanc which opened over 18 years ago when Raymond Blanc was just a boy! Now with a truly beautiful new look, we are open every day from breakfast right through to dinner, and everything in between. We love it here in the heart of the Jericho area of Oxford where we serve real French food in our relaxed and welcoming, light filled space. The restaurant is always buzzing with our many regulars, new faces and the many tourists visiting this charming part of the city. Ask about our private dining room if you have a special occasion in mind or if you want a meeting space with great French coffee on tap.
Vale, United Kingdom
“Very good food and value”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We visited with friends, visitors to Oxford, and were all very pleased with the experience. Very good brasserie food at good prices: don't expect Le Manoir on the cheap and you won't be disappointed. Service was a little slow which is why we don't give 5 stars, but otherwise a very good Saturday evening.

1 Thank Bibliophiles

Oxford, United Kingdom
“An absolute pleasure!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect on my first visit to Brasserie Blanc but was totally impressed by the whole experience. The service was immaculate and our waiters were so knowledgeable and professional. The food was exceptional, I wouldn't change a thing. It's farily traditional French brasserie fare so don't expect anything ground breaking, but it was done really well. It's fairly pricey but I honestly think it's worth paying a bit more for such a great overall experience. In terms of similar mid-range restaurants in Oxford this is one of my favourites. I would definitely go back!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disappointed”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

we went this week end expecting something at the level of Raymond Blanc and we were very disappointed. I did order the pate and the served without any kind of bread!! since when you eat pate on its own? so i did ask for bread and they brought me four minuscules slices of bread. Anybody knows you eat pate with bread!!! then as a main I did order the cod with mussels and clams and they where most of them empty and the fish test less. to be honest to pay 100 pounds for dinner for 2 and with the name of Blanc on it you can expect a bit more that that. Desserts on the same bad expectations, a chocolate millefeuilles that it was like nutella.
Monsieur Blanc have a look at what you are selling with your name!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank laura_pablos
BrasserieBlancOxford, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Laura_Pablos,

Thank you very much for your review.
I would like to sincerely apologise for the disappointing experience.
It is a real shame that we were not able to provide you with a memorable meal.

Please rest assured, that it gives me no pleasure to see any guests leave which such an average impression of us. We do give a basket of bread when guests arrive and it seems that as this was consumed already, it should have been refreshed much quicker.

Yes we are like any other establishment not perfect and we do get it wrong, but we strive to improve and provide consistently excellent food and service. All of our dishes are prepared on site freshly every day and we are open to any type of feedback on the day and we would try to rectify it as soon as possible.

I also understand that one would not want to raise these issues on the night/day , but we are extremely open to feedback without making a huge fuss and want you to have an excellent experience all round at the time.

We have clearly failed to deliver the experience we aim to give all of our guests to you and I really want to show you that we can indeed do much better than this.

I will contact you personally to rectify any short-comings.

Best Wishes,
Claudia Reiter
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely Brasserie with a French Feel”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited this Resturant a number of years ago and decided to return as we were in Oxford for a few days.

As expected the food was very good and typically of what we thought of brasserie food. We ordered chateaubriand, which was beautifully cooked, the wine was also good and well priced. Our waiter was good and attentive.

Our only negative is that if there are large parties in there it could get noisey, there was a table near us with a large group of people and they were particulary noisey but luckily they were moved to another part of the Resturant.

We would recommend and would return when next in Oxford.

Visited May 2013
Oxford, U.K.
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I have visited Brasserie Blanc quite a few times over the years and they have always been consistently good . We popped in last night for supper after visiting the Phoenix cinema, for which it is very conveniently located. The service was very charmingly French and efficient. My salmon was beautifully cooked and I was happy to be able to substitute the accompanying fries for haricot verts. My husband ordered the moules which were not so good - they were very small, not enough sauce and had quite a strong flavour. The fries however were just how I like them, thin and crispy. Despite our disappointment at some of the food, this restaurant is a little bit of Paris which I love and I know we will return.