“Very well taken care of”
Review of Brasserie Blanc

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #34 of 690 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This was our first Brasserie Blanc which opened over 21 years ago when Raymond Blanc was just a boy! Now with a truly beautiful new look, we are open every day from breakfast right through to dinner, and everything in between. We love it here in the heart of the Jericho area of Oxford where we serve real French food in our relaxed and welcoming, light filled space. The restaurant is always buzzing with our many regulars, new faces and the many tourists visiting this charming part of the city. Ask about our private dining room if you have a special occasion in mind or if you want a meeting space with great French coffee on tap.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a fantastic meal at Oxford Brasserie Blanc. The service was excellent. Two of us ordered steak & they weren't very hot. The waiter was very efficient & took them away, replaced them & also offered to replace our companion's meal (although it was perfect) so that we could all eat together. All of the food was superb & reasonably priced.
We will be back.

BrasserieBlancOxford, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Beeg1111,

What a lovely review! Thank you for taking the time to share your views with us and others of course. I am very happy that we were able to impress you and that all the team training as paid off on your last visit, although the dishes should really have been hot enough in the first place.
I apologise for that. We hope to be able to welcome you back to us very soon.

Claudia Reiter

Write a ReviewReviews (1,260)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had an absolutely lovely lunch recently with very attentive staff and superb food. We hadn't planned to visit but was passing and decided to just pop in. What a good decision that was!! The first of many visits for us.

Dear Suzanne L,

Thank you very much for your review and kind words. It means so much to us that we made another guest smile. We very much hope to welcome you back to us in the near future and I hope to personally meet you on your next visit to thank you.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Another great lunch with the family, a wonderful bonus that our Children got to meet Monsieur Blanc himself.
It really has the complete package as far as I am concerned and is in my view the best dining options in the city of Oxford right now. My son now wants to go to Le Manoir!

Dear JezBlanc,

How lovely that you reviewed us again (twice in a month), which can only mean we have gained another 'Blanc Groupie'. Excellent News for us! Your comments mean so much to us and for your efforts please accept an invitation to a glass of bubbly for you and your guests on your next visit.
Just email me directly on oxford@brasserieblanc.com when you want to come and I will arrange it.

Again, thank you!

With Best Wishes,

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Having visited Oxford, Great Milton and Abingdon for the first time last year, I have found a few places I'll definitely return to in the future. It's rare for me to review any restaurants, but I do realise how feedback can be crucial to a place or event, to reshape or improve.

The friendly welcome was a great start and we had a brief but pleasant conversation about how each BrasserieBlanc is visually a little different and has its own character.

When the waiter realised I was familiar with the London BBs he asked if I had a favourite starter to order. A pleasant character, who didn't make me feel rushed in the busy late lunch time crowd.

Whilst having my main course the manager came over and said hello, also asking if things were fine or if I'd like anything etc.
We chatted briefly and I finished lunch with my favourite sorbet choices! The visit to a new (to me) Brasserie was such an enjoyable start to a day of meetings and a busy 3-day weekend away from home. Very comfortable surroundings. Monsieur Blanc even came in for his own lunch as my sorbet was arriving, and spent time walking around several tables, speaking to the diners before settling back at his own table.

The staff here were all very personable and genuinely seemed to enjoy taking time to discuss the dishes and choices on the menu.
I look forward to visiting again with friends and during other escapes to beautiful Oxford.
Many thanks.

Dear Fly276,

Thank you ever so much for your lovely comments regarding your experience at our Brasserie. I am delighted that you had a great time with us and I will of course share your review with my team.
It makes all the training so worth it reading this.

I hope to able to welcome you back to us at sometime in the near future, (Raymond will be here most Saturdays at Lunch too)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had a really excellent dinner here recently and cannot praise it enough. The service was excellent from the moment we entered the restaurant. The menu was varied, with something for all tastes, though of course very French, as you'd expect. The food itself was wonderful as was the accompanying wine. I will definitely be returning to Brasserie Blanc, maybe even tomorrow!

Dear Baz27,

What a fabulous review!!! Thank you so much for your kind words and I would feel honoured to welcome you back to us very soon. A glass of bubbly for you and your guests is waiting for on your next visit. Just email me directly on oxford@brasserieblanc.com when you want to come.

I look forward to it!