“A most felicitous blanc-mange”
Review of Brasserie Blanc

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #16 of 634 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This was our first Brasserie Blanc which opened over 18 years ago when Raymond Blanc was just a boy! Now with a truly beautiful new look, we are open every day from breakfast right through to dinner, and everything in between. We love it here in the heart of the Jericho area of Oxford where we serve real French food in our relaxed and welcoming, light filled space. The restaurant is always buzzing with our many regulars, new faces and the many tourists visiting this charming part of the city. Ask about our private dining room if you have a special occasion in mind or if you want a meeting space with great French coffee on tap.
London, United Kingdom
“A most felicitous blanc-mange”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

On a previous weekend visit to Brasserie Blanc my wife and I were disappointed, but this time for Sunday lunch the experience could not have been better. The table was bedecked in festive style for our son's birthday. The waiter was admirably attentive and efficient. Every course was attractively presented and very palatable. We like the atmosphere too, with the large well-lit room, minimum of visual clutter, and views in two directions onto this slightly bohemian quarter of Walton Village. All in all, a perfect family Sunday lunch and celebration. We salute Monsieur Blanc and his management for their high standards and renewed focus on the essentials.

Savona
“Try it”
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, in Jericho, with plenty of other bars and pubs for a nice evening. Food is very good and a bit different from other places in Oxford. Price is worth the value. Very kind and quick service.

“Good food, rubbish marketing”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Does Brasserie Blanc have the dumbest marketing department ? As a regular diner at their Oxford branch I was offered a Bras Blanc frequent diner card, and told to register it on the web site. Is there anywhere on the web site to do the registration - No, or if there is, it is buried. Is there anywhere to provide feedback - No. Is there a central FaceBook site for Bras Blanc - apparently not - each site, but not all, have their own pages. Come on guys this isn't even social media marketing 101. There is no point in trying to engage me with a rewards card - when there is no where to register it. On the plus side the service and food at the Oxford branch are consistently good, but don't try and make me more loyal than I am already - I eat there at least twice a month - with a half assed loyalty programme that doesn't work.

• Visited October 2012
BrasserieHO, Marketing at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments. The Frequent Diner card is currently being trialled in Oxford and St Paul's only. To activate your card, either visit the Oxford or St Paul's home pages and click the link to activate the card. When on the activation page please click the link stating that you collected the card in the restaurant. This will allow you to activate your card.

Links to our social media sites can be found at the bottom of our main web page and all other pages on our site including this central Facebook page. If you have any further questions please contact the team at Oxford Brasserie Blanc who are always happy to help.
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Nice”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Booked a table here during the week, was heading up to Bicester for a days shopping with the Mrs !!!!! thought we may need somewhere to unwind before heading home, couldn't have picked a nicer place to do so. Food was delicious I had the steak tartare to start, we shared chateaubriand for main and a baked alaska for dessert (a first for both of us) pleasantly suprised when the waiter flambayed the alaska at the table. Couldn't find fault with the food or the service, the staff were pleasant and attentive, would definitely eat here again.

Dublin, Ireland
“Average food, good service, chain restaurant feel...”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I expected a lot from this restaurant, but was disappointed. The food was not great, and did not feel authentically french (I am french myself and what you get at Brasserie Blanc is a pastiche of French cuisine in my opinion). The snail were well seasoned but were not of great quality. The mussels were well cooked but there was not enough of it for £14... My friend had the grilled salmon which was not seasoned well. Chips were very ordinary. Service was very good though, very attentive. The whole experience really reminded me of what you get in any other chain restaurant in the UK, not what I was looking for... I don't think I will come back and I will stick to Pierre Victoire, so far the only authentic french restaurant I found in Oxford.

1 Thank marianne147