“Great find”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

This was an wicked find, we wanted to try something a little different and a little out of the way, which is exactly what it was. The food was absolutely lovely, really fresh tasting, nice flavours very authentic. We ordered lots of dishes and shared them, so we were able to sample a broad variety and that suited us down to the groud. it wasnt that busy but we certainly made up for that having a good old chat whilst drinking spirit which tasted like very strong ouzo. My family live on the outside of Oxford so when i visit next time I'm hoping to take them along for the great grub experience I had. I would Really recomend this place to anyone.

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Been eating here for years. It's something of an institution in Oxford. Pleasant backstreet situation, lots of cheerful diners. We always have the mezze menu, which is fantastic for veggies because lots of choice. All freshly prepared, authentic Leb, lots of herbs and salad, and just totally delicious. Very friendly, and reasonably priced. Never had a bad time here.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I cant remember what course meal I have ordered last time I visited this restaurant, yet I could tell that the taboolah they make is absolutely delicious. In general the restaurant is good and worth to try.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I went with 3 friends and we had a mixed meze and then the mixed grills with a couple of bottles of Lebanese wine. It came to £100 inc tip which I think was about right. It's different from the usual Indian or Chinese restaurant and makes a nice change, but although I love Lebanese food, this is not really very authentic. It's a sort of anglicised version. The white Lebanese wine is not very dry. Avoid the red. The staff are friendly and it's been around for 25 years so they are doing something right.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We arrived at 6pm without a booking and had no problem getting a table, two hours later we'd have had to wait. It is certainly very popular and we now know why. The meze we ordered was superb, humous, moutabel, taboolah, warak inab, sanbousak of lamb and cheese, arayis of lamb and haloomi, kouba, sujuq, patata hara and a few more. They arrived in good time and we enjoyed them all. We even decided to have a main course and chose the lamb shawarma and chicken shawarma. Both were good but the chicken a little on the dry side. We had Lebanese wine to accompany the food and it was excellent. As a long time lover of Lebanese cuisine and a visitor to the Lebanon many times over the last 50 years, I know what I am talking about! We will be back. The final bill was very reasonable at £120 for 4 including wine, beer, large bottle of Perrier and service charge, infact half the price of London restaurants!