“100% - perfection!”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Delightful, simple interior; friendly and helpful waiter. Food - ASTONISHING :) Simply superb...and very reasonable. I cannot fault this restaurant!!

Tip - 4 or 5 meze shared between 2 people will be plenty....plus lovely dessert & thick, sweet 'Armenian coffee'

Bliss

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have been to Al-Shami many times and have always enjoyed the food, the surroundings and the service. We always order a large selection of starters and share amongst ourselves, and then order even more! The staff are authentic and genuine. Be adventurous and have fun!

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Visited with my wife on a Wednesday evening. I love Lebanese food and wine, and despite knowing Oxford quite well I had somehow missed this place. It's been in business since 1988, and is tucked up in a residential area off the Main Street.

Initial impressions were of being too bright, and absolutely full of students. La we booked, as the staff said it is always packed.

Despite two very big groups being served ahead of us, service was quick and friendly. We chose a selection of hot and cold meze. All was competent, except Armenian sausages that were slightly rancid. Wine was a great match - we had a half bottle of red, which had a sweet, raisiny hit. Not unlike Cyrpriot wines.

I've had slightly better Lebanese food, but not this side of Greece. And I am looming forward to going back.

£45 for two with wine and tip.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our group was large and the food was well timed and abundant.
We stayed as long as we wanted enjoying each other's company.
I spotted some people coming in and wondered if we would need to leave. No, there was a much larger room that was rocking this larger group.
Everything was well presented. Our meal time was enjoyable and the wine was delicious.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Observer listed this as one of their Top 30 UK places to eat for £10. We spent an astronomical £14 each at this place and had 9 different dishes !!!

This spacious Lebanese favourite of Oxford town and gown gets stupidly busy later post 8pm but my advice is go early and fill your boots ! It opens all day from midday and the food is simple, full of flavour with a vast choice including a significantly large range of vegetarian dishes.

There are over 40 hot & cold starters and the best idea is to order a few and share. For "Mains" we opted for a selection of skewered meats from the charcoal grill and a particularly tasty cod fillet in hot sesame sauce.

Delicious, fresh, affordable, highly recommended...

1  Thank QXZWS