“Lovely house in a convenient location”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
bethrmcle...
Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely house in a convenient location”
Reviewed May 2, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

As a group of friends we rented the house for the weekend and it was ideal - a nice big kitchen and very easy to get to the centre of Oxford. Lee was very helpful and responded to all my inquiries immediately. Would definitely recommend!

May 15, 2017
Thank you Beth, You were a lovely group of people and it was a pleasure to have you in my home. Lee
h22101
McLean, Virginia
“Convenient, Spacious, but not Quite Comfy Enough”
Reviewed April 16, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

This really is your own town-house with plenty of room, and that's kind of fun, but it just isn't all that comfortable. It was difficult to bring the basement up to a reasonably warm temperature, the floorboards not only squeaked but let light show through from the floor below, there was only one small trash can in the entire place, with none in the kitchen that we could find. However, the beds were fine, and our shower "room" worked well as long as you remembered to remove the toilet paper and any toilet articles from the room before showering . . . and remembered to return said items afterwards. There's a huge Aga for your use - we didn't cook - and a lovely terrace that would be great during warmer weather. The kitchen is beautiful and there's plenty of room to spread out. The stairs are renovated, with modern light wood, and there are homey touches everywhere. The location is very good. It's a short walk to the circle that serves as an entrance to the college part of town, where there is a Sainsbury's and a coffee shop. Street parking is abundant, using the permit the landlady provides free of charge, though unloading out front has to be done quickly. It isn't cheap enough to be considered a budget option, though of course you get a lot more space than you'd have at a hotel.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Apr 27, 2017
Thank you Hilde for taking the trouble to write a review. I cannot remember whether it was you or one of your friends whom I took around the house but the first thing I will say is that I certainly made it clear that you were able to call me with any questions or difficulties and that I would deal with them immediately especially as I was just around the corner. I am disappointed that you did not remember what I said about the heating. I would certainly have pointed out the central control button and explained that each room is controlled independently by each radiator. It is entirely possible to get each room quickly up to a maximum of 30 degrees! Squeaky floor boards. Well I have never noticed it in the 12 years I have lived here but on softly walking around and listening carefully I suppose they do make a squeaky kind of sound in some places. I guess thats what wood does. Also it is true that in one or two small places the light shows through a small gap where the floor boards don't quite meet. I must admit it has never been any sort of a problem at all and I am at a loss to understand why this has been mentioned. This does seem to me to be a point for a surveyor advising a client on a purchase!! However these are original floorboards so like me old and not perfect. There are trash facilities in every room. I must make sure to point them out to other guests. The 'shower room' is a wet room and I certainly would have said to make sure you don't leave anything in there when showering. Sadly that is the price one pays for a wet room. It is wet.
The whole house is renovated not only the stairs which are a gorgeous American Oak and there are homey touches everywhere because it is my much loved home. I have loved sharing it with some truly wonderful people from all over the world.
Vikki S
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Beautiful house, fantastic location”
Reviewed April 10, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This lovely house is so comfortable and spacious. All bedrooms are large, beautifully decorated and ensuite which made life easy for 6 of us. Lovely social space where we enjoyed sharing meals and chats.. We felt very comfortable and relaxed
The location is brilliant.. Easy walking distance to the city and lots of good bars and restaurants. Thank you Lee for allowing us to share your lovely home for a few days.

Apr 24, 2017
Thank you Vikki for your kind words. It was lovely to meet you and your friends and you were great guests. Hope to see you again sometime. Regards Lee
Antonia C
brits in france
“Beautiful accommodation, great location.”
Reviewed November 9, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Very helpful host, and a perfect place for us to be together as 4 siblings over a long weekend. Lots of nice bars and restaurants within easy walking, as is punting on the river and all the shops of the city centre. We loved it!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Nov 10, 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review. i am so glad you loved my beautiful Oxford and do hope I can welcome you again in the future
Greg W
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful Apartment, Terrific Location”
Reviewed June 25, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We booked this apartment to visit our daughter who had spent the year in Oxford. By per happenstance, it was literally 3 or 4 doors away from her dormitory. Besides the excellent location, the apartment is terrific. Very well appointed and clean. Plenty of room for our family. We all raved about how well the place met our needs. I would definitely book this again should my travels take me back to Oxford.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jun 26, 2016
Thank you so much. It means so much to hear such great things about my home. It is wonderful that I get to meet such delightful people so often Lee
Jane W
“Fun filled weekend in lovely house in great location”
Reviewed May 12, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

The spacious, beautiful house more than lived up to the photos and was a perfect setting for our school reunion.
The house is located in a great spot for dining out, so many restaurants to chose from in walking distance.
We were lucky to have beautiful weather and sat on the terrace sipping wine and went punting on the river by Magdelan Bridge.
Thank you to the owner Lee for being so welcoming and helpful and for letting us stay in your lovely house we will be recommending it to our friends.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Traveling group: Friends
May 13, 2016
Thank you for your gracious review and for being such great guests. Hope to see you again soon
FranD285
Great Bookham, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous! Perfect!”
Reviewed March 24, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

As a group of Mum's away for a long weekend, we wanted something practical but cozy, comfortable and a tad luxurious - central but not noisy and near enough to activity so we didn't have to walk too far but could venture out when we wanted - and to feel safe (ie for it to be in a 'nice' area) - this house ticked every single box for us and we weren't disappointed when we turned up either (phew!!!)

Had a fab weekend here and Lee (the owner) was lovely, friendly and so helpful with all our queries before, during and after our stay too.

2 bedrooms upstairs are double beds and near to each other. The other is a sofa bed in the downstairs basement area. Every single room has an ensuite so no waiting for each other (handly with 6 ladies!!!!)

Outings: We ventured into Oxford and did a chauffeured punt ride which was lovely (by the Magdalen Bridge) - ate out at the Chiang Mai Kitchen on the Sat night - then popped into the 'Be at One' Cocktail bar (near the house) on the way home. Can recommend the lovely walk by the River to the 'Head of the River' pub where we ate a Sunday Roast on the Sunday!

Fab weekend made even better by staying in a gorgeous house.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Basement bedroom
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Mar 25, 2016
What a lovely recommendation. Thank you ladies. It was a pleasure to meet you. I am so glad you liked my lovely house. I adore it and I am so lucky to meet people like you who look after it so well. Do come back one day. You will be very welcome.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing