“Fantastica!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chariots And Cherry Pie - CLOSED

Chariots And Cherry Pie
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating
Description: Chariots and Cherry Pie takes inspiration from the fun and fearlessness of 1950s, when America's love affair with cool cars and fabulous food was in full swing. We've opened the doors to a temporary diner to give you a taste of what's to come. Situated off the A420, or Route 420 near Buckland in Oxfordshire, we're currently serving up a a selection of items from the full diner menu. In early June we'll then open the doors to our first 'permanent' diner on this same site off Route 420. What's more is that from early June we will also be launching at Route 420 our first Chariots Car Spa. So, you'll have the option of getting your car hand washed while you dine. Chariots and Cherry Pie will be the ONLY place where you can shine, dine and unwind in one location. Our passionate local team will be offering their warm welcome to everyone so, whether you're dining solo, looking for a place to break your journey or having precious time out with family and friends, we really can't wait until we open our doors to you! Enjoy Us On Tour The Cherry Pie Diner menu is also served out of our 1950s vintage-style, mobile catering trailer. It's going to be a regular feature all over the county but it's also ideal for upmarket occasions, weddings, parties and corporate events. We can even customise our menu to suit individual tastes and themes so please get in touch if you're interested in having us over at your celebration.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastica!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

My daughter and I stopped off on the way home from school, have been meaning to pay the new diner a visit for a while, my, wish I'd tried it sooner. We wanted a take away meal as we were both tired and wanted to get home. I asked how long the burgers would be and was told it would be about 10 minutes. Going my the negative feed back on this site, I thought it would take a lot longer. How wrong was I…we had hardly sat outside with a drink when the food arrived. The waiter was so attentive carrying our drinks outside and then bringing out the food. I asked for some serviettes and he rushed inside and got us a few, so polite and attentive. The food was absolutely delicious and fresh, can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2014

Swindon, United Kingdom
“A little piece of the USA on route 420”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is my first visit to Chariots And Cherry Pie Restaurant but my 6th visit since they opened original mobile trailer.

My daughter who is 2 had the pancakes and which are massive and fuffy. Think toddler V food. She loved them and even had some left to take home with her.
Myself and the wife had the Breakfast Skillet which was lovely. The bacon was crisp and soon tasty.

The staff are curious and could not do more for us.

I am visiting again on the 4th July and can't wait to try the cherry diner smoked burger.

• Visited June 2014
swindon
“Avoid!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We came here after booking a reservation. We were told it was a 45 min wait for food. Which was fine. We were seated on a table and then left for 20 minutes. No offer of a drink or anything. They had bar staff just standing there doing nothing. The chef was shouting at the staff to serve his food as it was just sat on the side. I wouldn't say they were that busy so cannot understand the lack of coordination. After 20 minutes of waiting to be acknowledged at our table we just walked out. To be honest I doubt they even noticed us walking out. Will not be back here again. What a waste of my time!!

3 Thank sweethal
Oxford
“Could be excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I'll say at the outset, we are fans of this place. It is fun and funky, and something a little different for Oxfordshire. However, it needs to learn and fast. We have been five times, three in their temporary location, and now twice in the main restaurant. Each time there have been issues, mainly items off the menu, or long waits - but we have been with good company, and the staff are generally really keen to make up for any delays.

The food tastes great (and that is priority one), and with the portion sizes as they are, it is good value for money.

Our last visit was on Sunday, with a large group. Luckily we booked, so avoided being turned away. We didn't recognise any staff from previous visits, and those we saw were exceptionally polite, but seemed nervous. They also didn't have great knowledge of the menu. Having looked at some of the recent comments I wonder if the owners should concentrate on building the brand and reputation locally, rather than also having the mobile restaurant operating - but that's not really any of my business!

Like has also been said, free refills on soft drinks would be more authentic, especially coffee. For one I will be going back for another pint of Brooklyn Lager, I'd recommend this to bitter drinkers as well - a real nice, complex drink with a rich burger.

The Milkshakes are great, the burgers are fantastic, staff are really keen, and some good entertainment - live music, games for the kids, free gifts (Hershey bars, Cherry Pie car air freshener, Cherry Pie dollars (money off vouchers)).

As I say, we love the place (and will give it some slack), we've recommended to friends and hope to see one in Grove (nr Wantage) soon.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank K-man95
Oxford, United Kingdom
“We'll be back..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had been looking forward to trying the new Diner,and we got the opportunity on Saturday afternoon, with the Oxford IAM Bikes, when we were meeting up with the Thames Valley Police Bikesafe team.
The Diner looks great, it has nice, clean layout with a large outdoor seating area and plenty of parking.
We were greeted by the staff, and found them to be were warm, welcoming and attentive.The Diner has character and atmosphere. Our drinks were served promptly, followed by the food which was lovely, I had the Tennessee Burger with pulled pork, loved it :-)
All in all a very good experience - that will no doubt improve as the newly formed team 'bed in' and become slicker.
Well Done, we will be back!

• Visited June 2014