“High standards of hospitality”

The Conifers Guest House
Ranked #43 of 83 Oxford B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“High standards of hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed here on Saturday 3rd March 2012. The host was very welcoming and our first impressions were of a very clean guest house with very high standards. The host was very helpful and made us feel at ease straight away. The room was clean and well presented with a modern shower with plenty of hot water.
The breakfast was excellent!! I am still full.
I highly recommend this guest house and will return when I am next in Oxford.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jane R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

We (family of 3 adults) stayed here on 1st Jan 2012 as we were visiting Bicester, Oxford and Cotswold. The rooms are very well maintained and the furnishing is of high standard. The hosts were wonderful and the breakfast was absolutely amazing! We took a family room which consisted of two rooms, one with a huge double bed with attached bath / wc and the second room had bunk beds with attached kitchenette, tv and a small sofa. My brother enjoyed sleeping in the bunk bed. There is sufficient parking and the location is just minutes from the London road which as couple of shops and restaurants. I would definitely recommend this B&B.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Suraj C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed here for our daughter's graduation. We actually stayed in the self catering accommodation which was perfect for a family. There was excellent communication leading up to our stay and nothing was too much trouble. At short notice we asked for an extra bed and this was very quickly organised. The kitchen was well equipped and very clean and the bedrooms were very comfortable and well furnished. Excellent location. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Malta, Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

During our stay at "The Conifers", my mother needed to undergo a major operation at one of the nearby hospitals. I suggest "The Conifers" because it is clean, comfortable, offers also a good breakfast!!! It is only five minutes walk from "The Conifers" to the hospital. A nearby launderette is also available which I found very convenient. What we missed not having in our kitchenette was a hot plate. The bathroom and bedroom were comfortable and were cleaned daily. If your stay at "The Conifers" is more than one week, I would suggest to choose a spacious room - having a kitchenette included.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank htpMalta_Europe
east midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

Booked last minute after the place I'd booked let me down. Landlady very accommodating to my needs after arriving rather early. Location excellent for Nuffield orthopaedic/churchill hospitals less that 10 min walk away and restaurants etc about half mile away. Room on top floor well appointed clean and bright with comfy bed and nice decor. No issue with hot water etc. Tea/coffee making facilities in room. Got up late so didn't have time to fully enjoy my breakfast but good choice available. Wolfed down a full English breakfast which was very nice

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank jennyldb
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

I booked a normal room, but was given the annex/granny flat thing in the garden. It had no heating other than a couple of very puny oil radiators that were most certainly not up to the job,. I was asked to turn them off by the landlady upon leaving the room while being shown round.. but as the room never got warm due to an incredibly draughty front door , I almost felt guilty about leaving them on (even though the re-heating of the room took hours).. No paper was to be flushed down the loo at all, and the biting cold which got so bad that I had to purchase a hot water bottle (a first for me, having stayed in decent B&B's/Hotels up until now) kind of made the experience like being on a camp site, which at £60 a night was quite ridiculous.

The location is good for the local hospitals though, so if you stay when the temperature are more balmy, then thing should be better for you. Breakfast was very stingy IMHO though, as there were two sittings of half an hour each.. 7:15 to 7:45 & 7:45 till 8:15.. This is again a new one on me, as 'sittings' that are so short for breakfast seem to me to be there to tick boxes for the AA rosettes. Who knows whether the breakfast were any good, as in order for me to attend, I'd have to have chiseled off the frost, got dressed and crossed the car-park to the main house to have any.. Something which was unlikely to be honest, especially as being alone and feeling the outcast in the parking lot didn't really feel at all welcoming. Even the cleaner would incessantly hammer on the door to gain access to the room, even though it was 9am... The advertised wifi obviously doesn't apply if you have been 'chosen' to suffer/enjoy the room I had to endure. The advertised 'free' wifi was obviously out of the question, as I was in the middle of the blooming car park. In short, Would i go back? Only to be near a hospital and only if there was nowhere else to stay if I'm honest.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank EzChile

Travelers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

Nice little guest house, the owners were welcoming and seemed nice. Room was clean and well sized for what we paid, breakfast was good. Only problem was the bed, easily the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in, was close to getting out and sleeping on the floor. Maybe it was just me....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business