“good place to stay in Oxford”
Review of Heather House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oxford
Heather House
Ranked #6 of 81 Oxford B&B and Inns
St Merryn, United Kingdom
“good place to stay in Oxford”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Just stayed three nights in Heather Guest house, Oxford. And I can fully recommend it. It is ideally situated to explore the city, only a short, beautiful walk away form the city. There is parking on the premises, so there's no need to take the car out at all, which is very convenient since Oxford is not easy for parking. Heather house is a very welcoming place, everything very clean and tidy. The landlady, Viv, is very welcoming and friendly and I followed her tips about getting around in Oxford and what to look at and wasn't disappointed. She provides maps and lots of good advice, it's worth having a cht with her! The room was warm and cosy, en-suite, plenty of towels and NICE shampoo and body wash, hair drier, extra blankets, tea- and coffe making facilities, also avilable to guests is a computer on the landing, Breakfast was very good, a good selection of cereals, juice, jams, marmalades, and fully cooked breakfast (which I didn't have sin'ce I'm not a cooked-breakfast person) but it looked very nice and was obviously enjoyed. I asked for scrambled eggs instead, no problem, and there was a choice of white or brown bread, all served within two minutes of sitting down at the breakfast table. Due to an uncertain schedule, we asked for open option as to rooms/accommodation and Viv was very accommodating and flexible. There are a few nice pubs down the road within easy walking distance, also a good Chinese takeaway and a bit further up the road, a 24-hour supermarket and plenty of restaurants (oriental, Italian...take your pick) at reasonable prices. I'd certainly recommend Heather Guest house when staying in Oxford.

Room Tip: I had room no 4, a twin bedroom, where I stayed with my daughter. I haven't seen any of the othe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ingakaren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I just spent a lovely weekend at Heather House. I was on my own visiting my daughter who lives in Oxford. I booked a double room with an ensuite, and was glad I did. The room was cozy, everything was spotlessly clean as was the bathroom. The owner, Viv, was very welcoming and interested, which I thought was a nice change, as generally you come in, get your key and that's it. And the area around was beautiful and tree-lined. So Oxford! But what made this place for me was the breakfast. One of the best - the food was hot and actually tasted good.

I can't imagine where the person who wrote the negative review below stayed, but it wasn't at Heather House. Nothing of what he/she said matched my experience at all.

I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here on a short business trip. The price was reasonable for Oxford. The location is very good, with parking, just outside the centre of the city, about a 20 minute walk to most colleges of the university.

The owner is pleasant and helpful. The place is spotlessly clean. It was quiet and relaxing for the evening.

I can recommend highly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Nice and clean room. Beautiful living room setting. Good breakfast. Carpeted toilet. Good internet connection. 4 car parks lot. Nice lady. I stayed 4 nights. Will come back again. Short drive to town center- park there and walk. 10 mins walk to Most Oxford colleges.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Erictag
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Heather House offered us (to me and my wife) just the accommodation we were looking for: the room was comfortable, well equipped and quiet as requested. Mrs Vivian is much concerned about cleanliness, she speaks especially with foreigners a very clear and comprehensive English, the full English breakfast is perfect and individually arranged.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Guenther H
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My daughter and I had a short but very sweet visit at Heather House in August 2012. Gossia (sp?) and Vivian were wonderful, extremely helpful and welcoming, and the sitting room is a wonderful resource library. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet, and we had a light, lovely breakfast. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Leandro, California
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had a lovely and relaxing time at Heather House. Vivian was a terrific host who shared lots of information regarding tours and insider meanderings in this lovely city. The rooms are charming, the breakfast terrific (with excellent coffee!), the sitting room stocked with guidebooks and relevant literary offerings.
The walk to the city center is flat stroll, a 15 minute walk that is easy in any weather, the bus service (which I was nervous about) is really really easy and convenient if one is feeling lazy. The local street has some cool funky excellent eateries.
We had a wonderful time and give it our highest recommendation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family